Saving the People Who Save People Pt.2

I'm so used to writing for stories that have well over a dozen chapters, so it's so weird to be starting a whole new fanfic lol. I think this is the first NEW fanfiction I've started in like 2-3 years. Crazy.

Juliana's P.O.V.

I looked through the giant hole in Tecton's chest and frowned. Why wasn't he healing? What was wrong?

"Kaz, how could you do this?!" I exclaimed. "Now Tecton has a giant hole in his chest!"

"Hey, calm down, everything's gonna be fine," Kaz said, though I could tell by his tone that he was panicking. "I have the perfect solution! You wouldn't happen to have a giant cork on you, would you? 'Cause I only have this pretty big one." He pulled out a pretty big cork from his pocket and Oliver and I looked at each other in shock. 

"What are we gonna do?" Oliver asked as he took the cork from Kaz.

"I'm gonna figure out why Tecton won't heal, you stay here."

"I'm coming with you," I stated as I went to follow Kaz.

"A-And what am I supposed to do?" Oliver asked, clearly nervous.

"Oh, it's simple," Kaz said. "All you have to do Is keep out the dozens and dozens of doctors, nurses, orderlies, and technicians who could walk in at any second."

"I-Is that it?" Oliver asked sarcastically before scoffing.

"Hey, look at me," Kaz said as he put his hands on Oliver's shoulders. "Everything is going to be fine. Have I ever let you down before?"

"Constantly!" Oliver and I both stated.

"Name one time!"

"When you pulled out the stop sign!" Oliver snapped.

"That was 30 seconds ago, stop living in the past. Do you know why they call it 'the present'? Because it's a gift."

"Stop this, come on," I said as I grabbed Kaz by his wrist and practically dragged him out of the hospital.

"You aren't still mad at me too, are you?" Kaz asked as we sprinted toward the comic book store.

"What do you think?!" I asked, sending him a glare. "Tecton is one of my best friends, and there's a chance we could lose him!"

"But I'm your best best friend, right?"

"I'd call you an acquaintance at the moment."

"Ouch, totally not offended." Kaz began to struggle to keep up with me and started panting. "Wait, Juliana, stop running for a second! I-I need to catch my breath!"

I groaned and came to a stop, turning to find Kaz panting with his hands on his knees. "Come on, at least keep walking, we're almost at The Domain. We've gotta get back before Horace figures out something's going on."

"Coming, coming," Kaz said as he hobbled to my side and we sped-walked the rest of the way to the Domain.

We went straight for the Tecton section and found the newest issue, which Kaz flipped through.

"Then Tecton battles the impaler," he muttered. "Gets impaled-"

"Obviously," I said.

"And instantly heals."

We both frowned and looked at each other. "I don't get it," I said.

"What's not to get?" Clyde asked.

"Tecton always heals," Wallace stated.

"See?" He pulled back a poster to show another which said 'TECTON ALWAYS HEALS COMING SOON'.