Chapter One- The Book

P.S. this chapter has already been edited, you may read it again. :) I know there are many mistakes, well I can't help it. Nobody' is perfect ;)

CHAPTER 1:

Ever since my encounter with the old lady, I haven't been able to get the mirror off my mind. I hadn't dared to read the book. I was too scared but all I could think of were the two words I had seen on the cover of the book.

Parallel World.

Thousands of images flashed through my mind at the same time. A parallel world? Could it be possible? Every movie I had ever seen in store windows appeared again on my mind. A voice rang in my ear.

Once you open it, your way of thinking, your vision for every aspect of this world will be changed forever.

I pressed my fingers to my temples and squinted my eyes. My head hurt so bad. I shook it off and decided to open the book. What's the worst that could happen? My hands started to sweat and my heart stammered against my ribcage feeling quite nervous but at the same time intrigued to take a sight of it. My body shuddered upon hearing the voice.

Beware he who undertakes this journey for you will not be the same. Congratulations to he who has opened this book for you have been chosen.

My identity would be different? Interesting, this might be the solution to my infinite suffering. Why did she chose me? Will I be able to meet her again? I caressed the glass part the mirror, I looked at my reflection, and I saw a pair of dull moss green crystal stare across me. I continued to read the book.

Beware, don't touch the glass part of the mirror, it'll automatically lead you to the Parallel World.

Shit! I touched the mirror, but it seemed like I haven't been transported to the other world. I rose my eyes from the book, and scanned through the place. That was when the real shit happens. I stare across the big fancy room. Minutes ago, I was in the streets of Earth. I know according to the book that I was transported now in the Parallel World. Seeing a big chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Golden bed sheets were spread on a mattress. There was a big wardrobe in the room, it was designed intricately with gold. I knew it was a room styled for royalty.

"Prince Clyde, the breakfast is now ready." I heard a male voice outside the room. I hid myself beside the bed. They might behead me if ever they found some commoner trespassed in their lair. There were loud knocks in the room, maybe he's expecting some reply before he'll excuse himself.

"Okay, just leave it outside my room. I'll get it later." I pretended to be the person he expects.

"Prince Clyde?" I heard his voice rose as if he were surprised. Prince Clyde? We had the same name, could it be a coincidence? "Is that really you? You're alive!" He finally barged in the room and welcomed me with a hug. "I believed you..." He paused between his sobs. "Died." He looked at me not believing I was alive, holding both my cheeks as he stared at me like I was going to vanish if he didn't pay attention. "Sometimes I find myself bringing you food. But I always make a fool of myself because you weren't even here."

"What happened to me?" I asked.

"You can't remember?" He pulled a distance between us, confused look were visible in his eyes as he scanned through my body. "Prince Clyde, pardon me for this question, what are you wearing?" He asked politely.

"Clothes, I guess."

"No, I mean, where is your robe? The silk ones, your favorite." He asked me as if I had grown two heads. Oh right, royalty was supposed to wear silk. I'm too dumb.

"Sorry, I'm not the prince you're looking for, I am just a simple commoner who doesn't know how he got here..."I said truthfully. "And I happened to have the same name as the prince."

Not believing even a word I had said, he stared at me like I was insane."Are you joking, my lord? From what I can see now, nothing had changed. However, you looked skinnier." He looked so worried. "You should rest first. I'll heat up the tub for you and you can eat your breakfast." He gave me a sincere smile, I hesitated at first but gave in anyway. I was not used to people suddenly becoming nice to me.

"Okay." I said, he gave me the tray of food. "Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me, I'm glad you're back." He said, walking out the room. I ate the bread he handed me. Taking a large bite and swallowing the bread, it

warmed my insides. I smiled as I felt myself very loved, a tear escaped my eyes, and I wiped it off. I continued to read the book,

You might be in the Parallel World now, your stubbornness might have lead you there.

I laughed at it, seemed like it was speaking to me.

You're confused right? That's why you opened me again. You must be wondering why some people recognizes you. But not with the same identity. The world you came in to, is the world you used to live in.

In that case it must be my past? I could tell because of the place. There were various chandeliers in the place, large bed, golden intricate designs woven on the furniture. Everything seemed new to me.

The person for whom they claimed to be you, must have left a mission they couldn't accomplish in their lifetime. It's up to you if you want to continue what his resolve. If you decided to stay in this realm, you can stay here forever with a condition, you must surrender your destiny here, and you cannot come back at the world you originally came from. If you die here you'll die for real, as this is called "parallel world", it does also mean this world is equal to your so called world.

Woah, this is incredible, like the books I had used to read. Magic. I believe in this book, as I had seen how this magic works. It transported me to new place, offered me alien things. But I was not ready to surrender my destiny here, not yet. Although I don't have any possessions on Earth, it was the land from where I had been born, where I live my life, where I learned how to survive, and where I learned that life was unfair. Maybe I just needed to find the Prince's resolve. Maybe this was where I really belonged. My life started to became interesting since I had met that woman. She really gave me a gift. A gift of warmth and assurance. Like a fairy godmother. My lips curved up. Please don't wake me from this beautiful dream. I had ached for this day. Tears rolled down my cheeks again..

"Thank you, Talia." I whispered to myself as I lay on the fancy fluffy bed in this room. Let me be greedy just for a day, I don't care anymore.