Chapter Sixteen | The Tale of two Princes

Chapter 16

"Wait!" I grabbed her wrist before she could rush out the food court. Our eyes locked together and I immediately noticed that she had tears welling in her eyes. She tried to break free from my grip but failed to do so.

"W-What?" She asked. Her voice cracking due to her crying. I loosened my grip but didn't let go. Who knows, she might dash out once I did. Geez, I hated seeing people cry, especially girls. She reminded me of my little Ada. My hand moved involuntarily and wiped the tears creeping on her eyes with my sleeves.

"W-What are you doing?" she stuttered, a blush began to form on her well rounded face. Her eyes popping out their sockets.

I couldn't help myself but to chuckle. "Wiping your tears, isn't obvious?" I rolled my eyes.

"I know!" she said defensively. But then eyed me for a while and it shifted to Cerys. I raised my eyebrows figuring her out. "But, you have-" she paused and seemed to realize something I couldn't muster.

"What?" I said curiously, what was she talking about?

"Nothing. Never mind, I'm going home." she said flustered and her eyes roamed down, I looked where she was staring at and realized that I was still holding her hand. She blushed again when our eyes met.

"Oh, sorry for that." I let her hand go. "I don't intend to be rude." I added.

"I should go now, sorry for intruding your date." she said firmly emphasizing the word 'date' and looked at me once and shifted to Cerys before going out the store. The tone of her voice clearly depicted jealousy. What did my brother do to make this lovely girl fall for her? A smile crept on my lips. I would just ask him once we went back to our respective bodies.

I heard Clyde sighed. "That girl never leaves me alone," he said in annoyance. "Though I know she's a good girl and just delivers her mother's words to me."

How stupid could he be? Was he really my brother? I sighed. I couldn't believe that he was that blind and couldn't see that she got hots for him.

"Hey, Claudius, Hey!" Cerys' voice snapped me out of reality. Her hands waving on my direction. Her azure blue eyes full of worry and amusement.

"What?"

"I've been calling you for a while now but you kept on being dazed with your face expressions changing minute by minute," she said smirking, her eyes filled with amusement. "I'm starting to worry if you are still on the right mind."

"Hey!" I exclaimed. She then chuckled, her eyes shining. When did we become comfortable with each other? Guess, the whole ghoul thing made us a little close.

"By the way, who is she?" She raised her brows in curiosity. Before answering, I brought myself first to sit on the nearest table in the food court and Cerys followed me. The comfy sofa made me relax my tensed shoulders.

"How did you know her? She's from another world," she asked. Her eyes never leaving mine. Her elbows were placed at the table and her head leaning on her hand staring at me.

"Falling for my good looks already?" I teased, earning a smack on my shoulders. Her cheeks flushing, that was cute.

"Don't avoid the subject." She said menacingly, eyebrows stitched together.

"I won't, I won't," I held my arms up. Now, how should I start? "It's a long story,"

"We have time, I'm all ears," she said facing her left ear on my direction.

A long heave of sigh escaped my lips. "She's the girlfriend of my brother."

"Girlfriend?" Clyde shouted through my head. I fight my urge to laugh, I need to continue the act for it to look convincing.