You're My Next Step (Goemon X Friend to Lover!Reader) Part 1

A/N: PLEASE READ! For context, you and Goemon are far away from home, stranded on a large island. There is a deadly enemy waiting for you on said island and he has a bounty on you.
Under Goemon's protection, the two of you have been surviving in an old traditional village together for the past several days. Until one day, you both decided to take a step back and decompress for a while before taking on the enemy together.

Lots of fluff and Slight Angst near the end!

(And yeah this chapter basically sums up from a scrapped 7 page fanfic I wrote for a Goemon X Reader Story lol sorry)

Also I didn't proofread so sorry if it's confusing

The enemy's base was said to be located just miles off the coast and through the forest trees, hidden along the greenery. Maybe from there, you will find some sort of signal to call Lupin and Jigen a pick up. Killing the enemy will not only lift another bounty on your head, but also protect the villagers who thrive on the land. It was almost time to face the enemy head on. You both are ready and prepped for the battle, but you decided to calm things down for a day before heading off first thing in the morning.

There is news of a firework show near the central area of the village tonight. You went straight to Goemon and asked if you both can watch and he calmly accepted. He offered you to go on a hike with him up the small mountain located just behind the village within the island. From up there, there will be a large view of the village, the ocean, and the fireworks.

You couldn't say no.

So you both left at noon to start your trip up the trail. You brought your backpack with water and snacks just in case you both lost energy. Goemon, however, doesn't think he would be needing any of that stuff. If he's survived in the Antarctic with nothing but his same everyday clothes, then he should be fine. He's Goemon after all.

You on the other hand trained for obstacles like this. Fighting to defend yourself from bad guys is one thing and walking for long distances is another. Your stamina and energy may not surpass your samurai friend but you couldn't let that bother you. Besides, think of this as a good workout for your legs to get stronger. Soon you'll be kicking ass in no time.

"How do you think Lupin and Jigen are holding up?" You asked.

Goemon looked out into the sky as you two walked. "They are probably curious about our whereabouts. They will find us eventually."

Frowning, you thought more about home back in the country. How you miss your bed and the fresh city air as you make your way out of your apartment. Your favorite restaurant you would go to every once in a while. And your other family and friends, oh how much they must be worried sick about you. "And if they don't?" You raised a brow. "We can use the ships docked at the port but we have no idea where to go and where 'home' is. My phone isn't working but I'm sure there must be a way."

"You are homesick?"

"A little, but aren't you?"

Goemon cocked his head, "I have traveled around the globe on my own for many years. I am very used to this lifestyle and I do not have a specific 'home' anywhere. Just like Lupin, I simply stay at whatever hotel or apartment can shelter me throughte night. Although, I guess you can say that I am a little homesick from being so far away from our friends."

You made a silent oh before hesitating to ask this next question, "I wonder though, what about any relatives or family?"

The samurai stopped in his tracks. Thinking he took it the wrong way, you panicked and waved your hands frantically, "I-It's okay if you don't want to answer that. I was just curious is all!"