Chapter 3 - Men in suits

As Sarah and Luca's relationship grew deeper, she began to see the darker side of his life. Luca was involved in the mafia, and he had been sent to the restaurant to keep an eye on things. But as he got to know Sarah, he found himself falling in love with her. He knew that he couldn't tell her the truth about his life, but he couldn't stay away from her either.

One night, after a romantic dinner with Luca, Sarah saw a group of men in dark suits watching them from across the street.

Sarah looked over at the men in suits and felt a chill run down her spine. She turned to Luca and asked, "Who are they?"

Luca looked at her with a serious expression and said, "Don't worry about it, Sarah. They're just some guys I know."

"But why are they watching us?" Sarah asked, feeling uneasy.

"It's nothing, Sarah. I'll take care of it," Luca reassured her, but she could tell that he was holding something back.

"Please, Luca. I don't want to be involved in anything dangerous," Sarah pleaded.

"You're not involved in anything dangerous, Sarah. I promise," Luca said, taking her hand in his. "Let's just enjoy our evening together, okay?"

Sarah nodded, but she couldn't shake the feeling that Luca was keeping something from her. She tried to push it out of her mind and focus on enjoying her time with him, but the shadow of danger lingered in the back of her mind.

Later the same night

Sarah had followed Luca to a secluded spot in the park where he was talking to his brother Vincenzo on the phone. She had intended to surprise him, but what she heard made her freeze.

Vincenzo's voice was cold and menacing. "Listen to me, Luca. You know the rules. Family comes first, always. This girl is a distraction, and she's dangerous. You need to cut ties with her before she gets hurt, or worse, becomes a problem for us."

Luca's voice was quiet but determined. "I can't just cut her out of my life like that, Vincenzo. I care about her."

Vincenzo scoffed. "You care about her? You're putting our entire family at risk for some girl you barely know? You're being foolish, Luca. And I won't tolerate it."

Sarah listened in horror, her heart pounding in her chest. She realized that she had fallen in love with a man who was involved in something dangerous.