1: The Trial

Everyone will be called by their last name in the investigation and by the narrator because in reality their identities would also have been hidden by authorities and media.

for example:

Seo Moon Jo Suspect Seo/Victim Seo
Yoon Jong Woo Victim Yoon
Eom Bok Soon Suspect Eom

Disclaimer I know not everything is a 100% accurate during the investigation part but I needed to make it possible for MoonJo to be able to be found innocent, so that their would be no further suspicious after the trial, so that he would be a free men.

-------------------------------------------------------

It had been a rainy Saturday evening when you first noticed that the house across the street from yours had been sold. The house in question had been on the market for way longer than most during this recent housing crisis and you knew why, it had been the house of one of the victims of a crime case that had had a choke hold on the country and most of Asia for over a year, you included. Of course you, the true crime junkie that you were, were completely obsessed with the case so you knew all about it.
The house in question was that of Reporter Jo, one of the victims of the infamous Eden serial killers as the public had dubbed them. It was one of the most horrendous crime cases Korea had ever known and the fact that it involved so many people and that the group got away with it for so long, is what scared most people.

You knew you were spending way too much time on this case and following these trials when you should actually have been studying but you couldn't help yourself, the fact that you had partially convinced yourself that this was a good case study since you wanted to become a forensic psychiatrist didn't exactly help either. You simply found it unimaginable that these people had been doing what they had been doing for so long and had gotten away with it for so long, definitely when you considered that these people had been literal outcasts. It wasn't like most serial killers that would try and blend in with day to day society. No, they were strange and unpleasant people to begin with, so why hadn't anybody raised concerns or why hadn't anybody taken Victim Yoon's statements about the gusiwon seriously, when he seemed to be the only one suspecting them, maybe along with Victim So.
To you, it only proved how smart and cunning, but more than that heartless they had been in selecting their victims. They targeted people that were already suffering and having a hard time surviving in and off itself. People that wouldn't be missed by the general public or who's sanity and mental health would be brought in question when launching an investigation when reported missing.
The leader of the group had to be a real piece of work when you considered the fact that some of the members had disabilities as well and that she still got them to do exactly as told or else they wouldn't have been able to get away with it all for so long.

At first investigators had thought that the leader of the group had been Victim Seo, then known as Suspect Seo, who was a successful and well liked dentist in the area because they had found one random syringe at the parking lot next to The Eden Residence, the Gosiwon in the outskirts of Seoul where everything took place. Soon they found that as there was no DNA from either a known victim or from the suspect in question on the syringe and seeing as to how it was found in the gutter of a parking lot, they considered the fact that the needle might not even be related to the case and might just have been from a random drug addict.
You see they had first though that the syringe came from Victim Seo because the man was a dentist and the local anesthetic found in the syringe was one widely used by dentists, but the location where it had been found and the lack of DNA evidence along with the knowledge that the anesthetic couldn't be used to kill but only temporarily paralyze in high dosages made them decide on dropping this piece of evidence all together and thus suspicion toward the dentist lessened.

Other reasons why Victim Seo had been a primary suspect during the first half of the investigation were the fact that most of the deceased victims had missing teeth that had been removed not long before their deaths, the kidnapping allegations and of course the statement of 3 of the 4 victim that had survived the Eden Massacre, Victim Seo not included since he was still being investigated at this point. It was later on believed that the true leader of the group, Suspect Eom, had been removing the teeth of their victims for two reason, one being the fact that victims, most definitely the ones in a further state of decay would be harder to identify without the proper dental records, but it was also believed that she did this to both frame Victim Seo for their horrible crimes, since the man both trusted and feared her since childhood as he was one of the children in the orphanage that the lady had been running back in the day. This was also where Victim Seo's hell began as he was abused and manipulated all throughout childhood and well into adulthood by Suspect Eom (and her entourage), according to his defense and the psychiatrists assigned to this case. Apparently he had the scars on his body to prove it.
Suspect Eom would allegedly use the fact that she had framed him against him as blackmail when he found out the truth about what she had been doing all those years when he thought that she had been a good and loving guarding to the Byeon twins, who were also in on the whole thing. She would frequently pressure him into giving them money and later on she also forced him to move into the Eden Residence when he had a whole apartment in the middle of Gangnam. She would force him to divert peoples' attention away from the gusiwon and in the end even force him to kidnap Victim Min, who was the girlfriend of Victim Yoon and was most likely not even a real target by the group to begin with, seeing as to how they didn't really harm her and mostly killed men. Investigators believed that the group wanted to use Victim Min as bait to catch Victim Yoon, since Victim Yoon had already fled out of fear and suspicion.