2: The White Car

You heard a truck driving into your street while you were watching yet another episode of crime busters about The Eden Murders. You pressed the pause button on the remote and waited until you saw the TV screen freeze, before you stood up and walked over to the window to see a big moving truck parking right in front of the house that had been sold earlier this week. You, of course, had immediately seen that the for sale sign had been changed into a sold sign and you'd been waiting for this moment, eager to know and see who could possibly have bought the house across the street from yours.

It was an odd appearance to see such a large vehicle in your ever so calm neighborhood, since people rarely move houses here. It was even more of an odd choice to start the moving process on a rainy Saturday evening when it had already started to get dark outside, but who were you to judge, maybe they were busy people.

At first appeared as though the truck was only accompanied by the workers of the moving company that owned the truck but after about 10 minutes a white Lexus came into view, which parked right in front of the truck. The cars windows were tinted, making you unable to have a look at the driver inside of the car, so you waited full of anticipation for this unknown person to get out. After a short while, the lights of the car all were all turned off and out came a tall and slender looking man, even in through the distance and the darkness that was settling, you could already tell that this man was quite handsome.

You were looking, no more like staring at him in awe, only realizing you were doing so when he turned around, coming face to face with you and locking eyes through the window. In shock and embarrassment you quickly duck down to hide underneath the window frame, just out of view only to realize that this would make your first encounter with the man even stranger. You didn't dare to look out of the window again, afraid that you would lock eyes with said man again, so you decided on going back to watching your series, only quickly peeking out of the window from time to time.
From what you could see, all the furniture that was being moved into the house looked quite nice and expensive which of course wasn't that much of a surprise seeing as to how this was an expensive neighborhood in the first place, but honestly it seemed too expensive for even this neighborhood, which you thought could actually be the reason why they might have decided on moving at this time of day, so little to no people would see what was being moved.

You didn't see that man again that evening, or the rest of the week for that matter, even though you had seen his car parked in front of the house on two occasions, which confirmed your thoughts about this being the new owner of the house.
In the next few weeks, you noticed that aside of going to work (you assumed), the man didn't really seem to leave the house all that frequently. He seemed to do some grocery shopping on his way home and the rest of it seemed to be delivered to his house.

But luck didn't seem to be on your side as almost every time you actually saw the man outside, which was how you had confirmed him to be more handsome than you had initially thought, but for some odd reason he always caught you looking at him and every time he smiled at you, not a bright friendly smile but to you it seemed to be more of an grin, quite an unsettling one add that. Your mother had told you that it was your imagination and that you were growing paranoid from watching all those true crime documentaries, and maybe she was right as more and more people in your neighborhood were telling you about how nice and kind of a neighbor the man seemed to be. Some of the elders even encouraged you to go out and meet him since he didn't seem to be married or have a partner and he had a good job. You were told that he was a dentist that ran his own clinic in Gangnam, a really well rated clinic you discovered when you had decided to look it up.
That's also how you discovered the man's name, Lee Moon Jo and judging by the date of his graduation from college, you assumed that he was in his early to mid thirties which honestly matched the looks of him.