5: The Gusiwon

There, right in front of you, was the gusiwon of your nightmare.

You felt yourself get light headed as you clearly heard and felt your heartbeat in your throat and head, the rainy weather only adding to your fear as it made the gusiwon ever more eerie. You felt like you landed right in your nightmare in broad daylight.
"Do you know where we are? Have you been here before" One of the detectives, detective Park as he had earlier introduced himself, asked you confused as you clearly weren't the one who had requested to go here, so why were you looking at this building with so much fear in your eyes. You shook your head, because no, technically you had never been to this building before, how were you going to explain that you had seen it in your nightmares.
"then why do you look like that if you don't know where we are. The sign that had the name of the residence on it had clearly been taken off the building ages ago." the detective went on as he pointed to a spot on the wall where clearly a sign had been hanging before.

"It just looks straight out of a horror movie with this weather" You laughed a bit uncomfortably before offering the detective an apologetic smile.

"yeah, no shit Sherlock. Most of the things we run into in this field are like straight out of a horror movie" detective Park continued, making some of your classmates giggle.
"If this is not something you're up for, you might as well quite now and save yourself the effort of going through finals"

"Well, well, well" the other detective, detective Jung, exclaimed to try and get rid of the tense atmosphere and switch subjects.
"I want all of you to prepare yourself mentally before we enter one of Korea's most notorious crime scenes and quite a recent one add that. This case has had a lot of media coverage over the past year and is still getting quite a lot of attention to this day."

"We couldn't get any of the detectives who've actually worked on this case to come and guide you today for the fear of accidentally leaking some of the victim's information is still quite relevant." detective Park continued, him luckily no longer focusing on you.
"But both detective Jung and I did our utmost best reading into the police files there are about this case"

"but if you read into the police files, then isn't there also a chance that you would reveal the victims names?" one of your fellow students asked, which to you was a dumb question since you had to know by now that all identifying information about victim had to be covered by a black bar.

"most of the files we read into are files that were also released to the press that were covered by crime reporters and all files have the names of the victims taken out. So don't worry about us spilling information we're not supposed to" Detective Jung replied with a smile on his face like he was explaining something to kindergartners.

"Okay, outside of the one who requested we'd go here, is there anyone who knows where we are or of which case this is the main crime scene of" Detective Park asked the group. Much to your surprise, no one seemed to have a clue where you were, even though investigators had giving you guys quite a few hints. So as no one raised their hand to answer the question, detective Park turned to you
"You found this place eerie, didn't you? Do you know what this place is?"

"uhm, since it's a gusiwon and you said the case had a lot of media coverage, maybe The Eden Residence?" you answered like you were unsure of the answer, yet, you were quite sure this was the place where The Eden Murders had taken place. You didn't know why you were so sure, just like you didn't know why you had seen this place in your dreams since you'd never been here before, you simply couldn't explain what you were feeling when looking at this building.
"you are right. This is The Eden Residence where most of the Eden Murders have taken place" Detective Park continued while whispers erupted from the other students, fear clearly being evident among them.