Chapter 1: When Life Gives You Rats, Eat Em

It was evening in the cave, the outside was cold and bare. Werecats yearning to find a place to shelter their food before the rapid weather. Kurosaka filed her nails on timber, waiting for her sister to get done with her "business".

"Suko, come on! I don't have all night for your constipation." Kurosaka growled.

Her sister Suko meowed. "I-I don't rush you when you're taking a-"

"Saka, Suko! Hurry up before the rain!" called their parents.

Suko pouted and meowed, licking her paw before kicking leaves over branches. Kurosaka rolled her eyes, attempting to scratch her sister, but held herself back and took a deep breath.

They ran back to the cave quickly as raindrops fell on their furs. Their mom and dad sighed in relief and opened their arms for a hug. Kurosaka smiled and tried to hug her dad, but only to be stolen by Suko instead.

"Mommy, daddy I missed you so much!" cried Suko.

Kurosaka crossed her arms, her ears poking up in fury.

Mom sighed, her and dad both giving Suko a warm hug as if they had lost a treasure. The other siblings were wrestling and cat-fighting as always, leaving Kurosaka in the middle of it all, sighing softly as she went back to a corner.

"Oh, Suko..." sighed Mom, caressing her.

Kurosaka growled, covering her face in leaves. The envy took over her tonight. She would usually know how to control it, being used to the fact of always having the middle child's curse. Her mom had already made dinner, beetle stew salad, but she wasn't in the mood to eat from people who showed her no care.

Her mom and dad pawed by her like she was practically non-existent. That was no surprise though. Instead of enduring as always, Kurosaka just sucked up her tears and snuck out the cave, her tail slipping through the rock hole. She sighed a breath of relief as she sneaked through the hole, but there was a sudden pull.

...

Her tail was stuck in a tiny bit of the rock. Kurosaka gasped, meowed and tried to pull herself out the other end. She wiggles her tail on the other side. Her mother feels a small tickle on her thighs as she consumes a few beetles.

"Oh, hehehe!" giggles Mom.

Kurosaka, meows loudly, struggling to get herself out of the crack.

Mom looks under the table and gasps, seeing a tail.

"Oh, now I gotcha!"

Meowing in pain, Kurosaka tries her hardest to get her tail out of the other end of the rock hole until she finally manages. She turns around and see how tight of a crack that was. Her eyes sticking through the hole, Kurosaka sees a pan coming her way at the speed of light and before she could react, everything went black.

...

Mom sighed, hissing.

"Stay away from here you rat!"