Chapter 10: Why do you even bother, Maddy?

Contains mention of s3lf h@rm attempted
Read at your own risk

In Maddy's pov

Vincent. He always liked Denise. And not me. Always because she was smarter, and while I got that, I didn't get why he was still fawning for her when I was here. What did I have that she didn't? She had JianHao. At least Vincent can focus on me, now Denise doesn't have interest for him anymore. I hope.

There was a time where he used to be all over me, even if it wasn't enough or if it was once a day.
But something had changed in him. I knew it when he looked at Denise often, admiring her beauty when she changed her looks often.
It felt like a trap for her. For the organization to hypnotise her. She wasn't gonna make sure that happened.

Just then...

Back to present

"Maddy! You are sick. So do you want to stay home?"
"No, mom," Despite being sick, maddy decided to go to school, for seeing Vincent.
"Well, take your pills then, by the nurse." Her mom waved goodbye.

She left, thinking maybe Vincent will like me instead. And bought a Taro milk tea.

Class was in session, however, the buzz of rumours were the talk of the class. Trev had disappeared ever since his encounter with hypnotised Denise. And he hasn't been seen ever since.
"I mean, he shouldn't have been mean to Denise after all?" Livy's words trailed off.
"Still," Abbey had a look of concern on her face. "I haven't heard from him. He could be hypnotised or something!"
"Don't worry yourself with these rumours, everyone." Mrs Nancy had walked in, and conversations already died down.
"Trev just needs to behave, and all will go well. Now, good morning class."
"Good morning Mrs Nancy."
JianHao had a concerned look on his face.
He needed to see the heist group.

Break
Finally, it was a break from school. JianHao decided he would find the heist group, if they were around.
Chloe had thought the same thing too. And she was also worried, because of tests, and mainly he fact the organisation were brainwashing people. She had noticed that in N4T1, a few people were acting weird, such as Johnny and butterfly crazed Cornelius. They had disappeared and acted cold when coming back.
"So the organisation have struck again." JianHao said in sarcasm within his tone.
"Teverley is also acting weird, too. He's with Diana. And I'm worried for her."
Chloe said.

"Well, we just need evidence that if he acts up to Diana, then we show the group. If they are smart enough to believe so."
JianHao said.
The bell had rung, aka a short break, and so the group dissolved their plans for lunch later on.

It was a lesson of maths next.
Ms Sherly was doing algebra, saying the most dull thing to cease exist, when an announcement came up:

"As the organisation continues to grow and thrive, we are looking for new people in Titan Academy to join our organisation. You will be guaranteed a risk free education and year.
T1T5, I will be overseeing your performance as you are a under achieving class."

Oh great, just what we need.

I noticed immediately that Mrs Regna was holding a few items in bags in her hand. We're they what I thought they were?

Maddy and Vincent were studying outside, during their free period. They had an upcoming test.
Vincent wasn't as focused, he had Denise as a distraction and wasn't so into the session. This made maddy feel annoyed.
He kept thinking of Denise. How, despite her smartness, she was acting cold. Was this because she now preferred JianHao?
Nah, this could be Denise just focusing for exams.

He only had feelings for Denise.

Maddy didn't get how people liked Denise, she was sure she was nice, but she thought they only liked her because she was smart, that's it.

"Vincent, are you gonna do question 5?"

"I don't get it. Do you? You haven't answered it, so I'm going to Denises table." He pointed to a lone Denise.

"Seriously?"

Vincent looked up and was still confused.

"I have been trying." Maddy looked at Vincent and felt like she would cry. "What do I have to do to make you notice me, and what does it take to be commuted? If you don't feel like being in a relationship, you could just tell me.
"Not just act like you love me and then fawn over someone else."
"I don't get who you mean." Vincent blatantly said.
"I'm not dumb you know. Maybe if you appreciated me more, I wouldn't have to argue so much with you."

Maddy grabbed her books, trying not to let it out in front of Vincent (if he even noticed) and ran away.

"Oh well." Vincent didn't even know what mess he was getting into.

Maddy ran to the bathroom. She went into the nearest cubicle, and started crying.
Why couldn't she be appreciated more? Why did Vincent even agree to dating if he still likes Denise?
She got the pills that she collected from Dr Burq, and took a few to make her feel better.

Only, they didn't taste like the normal ones, she thought...
They were sweeter than usual and not the bitter ones she got.

15 mins have passed.
It's 4th lesson already, and maddy doesn't care.

She lied down, feeling drowsy and lightheaded.

A voice came over her.

Do it now maddy.
He doesn't need you. The world doesn't deserve you.

She thought. No, i don't have to.
I'm better that this.

Yet the voice came up.

Do it now... Vincent won't like you, either way you try. Do it

She grabbed the knife, hands trembling. Then with a slow movement, she
Slowly
started
s e e i n g
b l a
c
k

And the world stopped.

----------------------------------------------
In normal POV

"Where's Maddy?" Nicole was confused AF - she couldn't find her. Last time she had seen her was in maths but that was it. "I need to go with her to Art."
"Idk," Abbey and Juhi said in unison. "We only saw her at lunch going near the cafeteria but-"
A piercing scream broke all conversation within the lunch hall as Nicole, Abbey and Juhi froze.
First Vicky wasn't to be found today, now Maddy?

As they ran into the girls toilets, teachers were surrounded near a cubicle.

And that's when she saw Maddy.