Chapter Three

The plaid blanket of Harry's wrapped tighter around his body as he tugged on it, holding into the tea cup with his other hand as if his life depended on it. You could say that it did, though.  

But a tea cup couldn't save his life.  

The rain outside quietly slapped to the small window on the wall right behind where the Cheshire sat. He was shivering, both from being cold and from the hot drink that burned his throat. Louis was sitting on the opposite of him, eyeing him sternly. Harry felt uncomfortable under his gaze but he couldn't do very much.  

The minutes of silence were unbearable, Harry had many times wanting to look up to meet Louis properly instead of just glaring onto the floor. But he didn't, so he just kept resting his lips to the mug with his feet tucked underneath him neatly.  

The rain was almost melodic and Harry subconsciously swayed along with it. It wasn't a proper melody, but it would have to do. He couldn't exactly just sit down by the piano that stood along the wall and play if he wanted to. He didn't even know what to do.  

Harry glanced at the instrument, still swaying quietly back and forth. Did Louis often play at home? Well obviously. He was a pianist, so of course.  

Harry cursed himself for even thinking about it.  

"Would you like some more tea?" Louis then broke the silence, his cheek still resting peacefully in his palm. His eyes had softened, but there was still a weak glim of concern in there.  

Harry shook his head with a smile.  

"Nah. I'm fine." 

Louis nodded, following the cup as Harry placed it o the small side table right next to him, right on top of a few books. A small grunt came from his side and suddenly Louis was at his right next to him, lifting the cup away from them. Harry looked up at him confusedly, but he understood. Cup marks. Of course. 

Moments later the curly sunk down in the sofa with the blanket still around him. The wet towel was on the floor and his jacket in the hallway on a coat hanger so it could dry fairly quickly.  

Harry's eyes teared away from it with a small cough and he locked them with Louis' blue ones.  

"Are you sure?" 

"Yeah, I'm sure. Thanks though." 

Louis frowned and nodded, walking past him and into what seemed like the kitchen. Only a few seconds passed before he was back again, looking at Harry coldly. 

"Only one night Harry. I can't even believe I'm doing this." 

"I know. Only one night."  

"And you take the couch." 

"I take the couch," Harry agreed and chuckled softly.  

Louis shifted on his feet. As unsure as ever.  

"Fine. I'm going to bed. Help yourself." 

Harry nodded.  

"Thanks. This is really nice of you." 

"Too nice if you ask me," was the only thing Louis muttered as he passed the younger one and went into another room - obviously his bedroom.  

Harry looked after him, gratitude in his eyes. He couldn't believe this himself.  

Right after Harry had started to cuss, panic and whatever he was doing before, Louis had stopped him and forced him into the couch. A short conversation was been exchanged and somehow Harry had managed to get on Louis' good side, because he let him stay for one night until he figured what to do next.