| c h a p t e r 3 |

Ω A bet that leads to some changes Ω

-Travis-

After Leaving the field and be tripped by the plants Katie control, Travis found Connor in their room looking at the schedule.

"Connor, what are we having at 10?"

"Archery with Demeter." He answered after finding the right column on the form.

"You gotta be kidding." Travis scowled.

"No. What's wrong with that? I thought it's a good chance to annoy Katie. Isn't that what you want?"

The problem is Katie seems pissed off, and according to the experience, you don't want to get near when Katie Gardner is piss off. She will drop a lot of, mark my words, tons of f-bomb, and tried to kill you in every way you can think of.

"I pissed her off." Connor paused.

"Oh. That's not good. But how, you haven't prank on her today, did you?"

"No, I haven't so I have no idea why. And yeah, I'm pretty much died today." Connor looked at him with sympathy.

But what bugs Travis more is her attitude in the end of the conversation. Katie said somethings and it hurts. It's a common sense to both of them that their relationship isn't always in good terms, but she never said something like that harsh and actually mean it. He guess he just need to find out.

*

"Okay, gather around everyone. Wait, does anyone see Katie, it's 5 past 10, she's never late." Kayla, the Apollo kid, counted the heads and found that Katie hasn't show up.

"Sorry, had some problems need to deal with at the fields." Katie jogged to the front, stop next to Travis. They are pairing up because they are head counselors. Travis sent a sideways look to Katie, is that all he is, a problem to dead with?

"It's okay, just be careful next time. Today's mission: 50 shots and 25 of them needs to be bulls-eye. If you can't success in 50 shots, keep going until you do 25 bulls-eye. Now off you go!" Everyone except the Apollo kids frowned at Kayla's announcement.

Travis grabbed 20 arrows and head to the target where he and Katie usually use, Katie must saw what he takes because she chose two bows and followed behind him. People soon notice something is wrong between the two. There is no shouting, no bickering. Plus, Katie is walking behind him and Travis isn't even trying to annoy her.

Travis tried to talk to Katie, but her aura shouts 'don't even try to talk to me', and he isn't needing a more pissed Katie so he just gives up.

As soon as they reach their target, he set his mind on something. He turned to face her and took in a deep breathe.

"Let's have a bet." Katie frowned and pursed her lips, forming the 'what are trying to do to me' face.

Katie replied after a moment. "Details."

She's taking it.

Crowds are shocked, it's an unspoken rule to not take a bet from the Stolls. Even Travis himself thought she would back down, but things are out of track now and this is the only chance he gets to have his wish granted.

"The person finished 25 bulls-eye with less shots can make a wish to another."

"Deal. My request is easy: no prank for the rest of the year on me," so he still can prank her cabin, Katie must have read his mind because the next second, "and my cabin." Quick math, it is late March now, if she wins, it means no prank on Katie for eight whole months and a little. But compare to his request, he thinks this is worth a risk.