| c h a p t e r 12 |

Ω What you wish for Ω

-Katie-

The lunch went on just fine, Jenny, their mother is really nice to her; she even asked her if she have any allergy. The food is amazing too, it's been years since the last time she ate lunch on a proper dining table with real homemade stuff. She gave them her famous cookies for dessert, let's just say the magic plate ones can't beat the original ones.

Now they are in the living room prepare to watch TV (the boys said if they watch DVDs, it won't attract monsters). Katie is squeezing on the couch with Travis beside her, while Connor is sitting on the floor looking through the DVDs they have, considering which to play.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Travis whispered to her, hot air fanning against her ear, sending chills down her spine.

"Just wondering when are we going to the mall you promised?" She whispered into his ear back, returning the favor. Katie felt Travis shifted beside her because of her breathe into his ear. He told her earlier that they can go out after having lunch with their mother.

"Let's sneak out when Connor is passing out during the movies."

"Okay." He probably doesn't want Connor to follow them by any chance.

"What are you two talking about?" Connor turned around and asked them after putting the disk in the player.

"Nothing, just making sure Mom won't figure out the whole sleeping thing." Travis lied to his brother smoothly.

"Oh, I told Mom we are sleeping in my room and Katie is sleeping in yours. Disney is fine for both of you, right?" He asked them the last sentence seriously.

"As long as it's not Hercules." Katie declared.

"Trust me, no demigods can watch that without wanting to throw up." Connor said in dead panned. "We are watching Tangled."

Connor fell asleep by the time the evil mother came to Rapunzel in the middle of the night after she showed her glowing hair power to Eugne for the first time. Travis tapped her shoulder; she moved her eyes away from the screen and tip-toe out the living room with him. They first went upstairs to take their outing bag, then left the house successfully. Just as they step out the door.

"Where are you guys going?" Jenny asked them. Katie can tell from her outfit she is cleaning the small garden. Travis smiled sheepishly at his mother next to her.

"We are going to the mall?" Why did that come out as a question? She can feel his frustration wearing off him as he finished speaking.

"Okay. Just come back for dinner." Jenny looked at them with affection while her eyes smiling along with her lips. She can see the similarly between the mother and sons, it's the angle their eyes curve when they smile and the same warm coming from them.

Then like she was possessed, Katie walked towards the garden Jenny has been working with, she reaches up her hand and do her magic. Leaves and flowers which were dreading under the heating sun all came back to life, as if receiving the bless of the goddess, though it's practically truth. Then, more green sprouts pushed up the earth within seconds, spices which don't belong to this time of the year pop out. She can feel Travis' glaze burning through her back like every time when she used her power in front of him. Jenny gasped at the way how the plants go all crazy just by a wave of her hand.

"Is that your power?" Katie nodded and blushed fiercely. "Thank Gods, my work here is all done." Jenny wiped the sweats with her hands and thanked her.

"I think I just create a disturbance in the garden of yours." She meant the flowers that shouldn't come out now. All she wants to do is make the plants healthier, somehow things always lost control; turning a little homey garden into some crazy botanical garden is just her daily life.