𝓢𝓔𝓡𝓘𝓔𝓢 𝓞𝓝𝓔 ❣︎ 5

"Cousin," Wednesday smirked. "You underestimate me, just like mother and father."

Ember shrugged. "Running away was always on the cards. We never specified going together."

"Wait, you're her cousin? The one with a steam powered guillotine?" Tyler had come round with Ember's quad, and was looking at Wednesday in her black uniform as if his eyes were going to pop out.

"You've been making friends," Wednesday commented, staring at Tyler as he disappeared back round the counter and she and Ember slipped into a booth beside the door.

"I fixed his coffee machine in return for a ride out of town," Ember explained. "But he doesn't get off for another hour, so we have to wait. How did you get here, anyway?"

"Thing escaped when you had that vision," Wednesday reiterated. "He got a ride back in a car and walked the rest of the way. I snuck here in a food delivery cart."

"Always the smart one," Ember rolled her eyes. "All we have to do is wait here for an hour then-"

"Yo, what're two Nevermore freaks doing out in the wild?"

Three boys clad in weird suit jackets, top hats with buckles, black polished buckled shoes, and leg warmers up to their knees had walked in.

One of them said. "This is our booth."

Ember studied them. "Why are you dressed like religious fanatics?"

The three boys looked amongst each other. "We're pilgrims."

"Potato, po-tah-to," Wednesday said, insinuating that they had no idea what they were.

"We work at Pilgrim World," the presumed leader snapped, slamming a flyer for 'Pilgrim World' on the table.

Ember looked at the leaflet. "It takes one of the most out of hand kinds of stupid to devote an entire theme park to people responsible for mass genocide."

"My dad owns Pilgrim World!" The leader spat at her. "Who you calling stupid?"

Ember looked up at him. "If the buckled, ugly, shoe fits."

"Guys, back off!" Before someone could strike, Tyler was coming through the crowd of boys.

"Stay outta this, Galpin!" One of the boys shouted.

"Yeah, stay outta this," Ember stood up, facing the guy who said his dad owned Pilgrim World.

He raised his eyebrows. "So tell me, freak, you ever been with a normie?"

"I've never found one that could keep up with me," Ember replied honestly.

Wednesday then stood up, going towards the boy. "Boo."

He stepped back.

"ARGH!" One of the boys went for Ember, but she grabbed his arm easily, kneeing him in the groin.

The leader tried to grab Wednesday, but the girl moved out the way and got his fellow boy, who extended a hand to punch Ember. The girl grabbed it easily, twisting it until it cracked.

"Aaahhh!"

She then threw the boy who she had by the arm into the leader, who tumbled to the floor, then slammed her bag into the other boy's face.

Wednesday took care of the last boy. He had taken several punches at her and she had dodged them all, kicking him in the face and making him tumble.

All three boys lay, in pain and groaning, on the floor.

Tyler was shocked. "Uh... where'd you learn the Kung Fu moves?"

"Our Uncle. He sent five years in a Tibetan Monastery," Wednesday answered.