Chapter 75 - Never to Meet Again

Xie Xi would basically give in to Chu Yu everywhere except when it came to bedroom matters. So any idea of sleeping separately was just Chu Yu's wishful thinking.

Chu Yu sighed. The child had grown up; he was no longer an obedient....  

Tonight was the day ​that Fu Chongyi would purge the poison and swap arms for Chu Sheng. After a bout of tender loving, Chu Yu lay nestled in Xie Xi's arms to mull it over. It was not that he did not trust Fu Chongyi, but... Chu Yu could not help worrying when he recalled Fu Chongyi's peculiar expression earlier.

​​Xie Xi could ​more or less guess ​what ​Chu Yu ​was thinking. He ​stroked his back, patted him in a comforting manner, and ​asked in a low voice, "​Shixiong,​ why don't you​ tell me what you were doing in that place for the whole year?"

Chu Yu knew that Xie Xi only wanted to distract him from his worries​, so he complied and thought back to his time in the abyss. ​He smiled, not intending to hold anything back from Xie Xi. "​Shidi, do you still remember ​Fu Lanxue, my brother once mentioned him before?"

​Xie Xi pondered over it for only a moment before he nodded his head.

​​​So Chu Yu told him all about how Fu Lanxue had helped him. Although he had been miserable the first few days at the abyss, tormented daily by the pain until he had finally passed out. Chu Yu remained tight-lipped about those days, mentioning only the times he was happy to share. Like, when ​he had tired of eating fruits​,​ he ​​had lured​ out a group of wild ​beasts using himself as bait​. Fu Lanxue then had ​no alternative but to kill ​those beasts, only for Chu Yu to find out that ​they​ were either poisonous or too hard to eat.

He now found it funny, but Xie Xi was horrified. His face ​turned dark​, and there was a faint burst of fire in his eyes. He ​suppressed his anger and ​asked in a calm tone, "What else?"

​​Chu Yu ​was sprawled on Xie Xi's chest and did not notice the change in his expression. He ​laughed merrily for a moment and went on dauntlessly, ​"Once, I found that there were ​flying beasts ​in the abyss. ​In my excitement, I forgot ​Elder ​Fu's ​warning and wanted to use ​those flying beasts to fly me up... Then a big bird came and grabbed me, it tried to ​fling me ​to my death before eating me.​"​

Chu​ Yu was really been terrified ​back then. After all,​ he had been like a handicapped person​ without any spiritual power. It was only in ​mid-air that he realized how ​freaking ​awesome ​it was when he was a ​cultivator. ​He had been afraid for a long time just after the incident, but now, looking back, he only found it funny.

​​It was really too depressing​ down there, and although he ​had ​always felt that Xie Xi ​had been keeping vigil above the abyss. He​​ had wanted to see ​Xie Xi very much. So in a moment of lapse, he had tempted fate.

​​Chu Yu sighed​. His eyes ​shone when he recalled this. ​Just​ as he was​ about to ask Xie Xi whether he had really waited ​above the abyss for a long time, his ​lower jaw was​​ forcefully​ grabbed ​and ​​​lifted​.

He raised his head, only to see Xie Xi's gloomy face. ​Xie Xi's eyes were full of anger​ as he ground his teeth and ​asked, "Chu ​Yu, didn't you have a single day of peace?​ Will you only rest after you have frightened me to death?"

Faced with ​Xie Xi's furious and handsome face, Chu Yu thought​ it over​ for a moment​​​. As understanding dawned on him, he ​broke out in a cold sweat.

​As the involved party, he had found the incidents hilarious when he thought back on it. But Xie Xi would probably have found the tales alarming...

Xie Xi ​glared at Chu ​Yu for a moment, ​then bit Chu Yu's lip​s​ in a bitter kiss, releasing him only when ​Chu Yu could​ ​not breathe​​.​ ​His anger was still not appeased, and so he raised ​a hand ​to smack Chu Yu's butt.