there's a first time for everything. 💔🌸 (sal x nb reader)

(they/them)
a/n: i decided to write this oneshot with y/n being nonbinary since i kinda wanted to dedicate this oneshot to one of my best friends since they really love sal. this is kind of short so i do apologize for that

Sal and Y/n were sitting on Sal's bed, watching a movie. It was a horror movie that Y/n had seen the trailer for, so once it was released they of course wanted to watch it with Sal.

What Y/n wasn't prepared for was the number of jumpscares. So far they were able to handle it pretty well with an occasional grab onto Sal.

He didn't have a problem with this either. Sal found it kind of endearing that Y/n would immediately go to him when they felt fear.

Y/n had just taken a sip of their soda and was about to put down the can when a jumpscare showed, causing them to jump. They froze as they realized a bit of their soda spilled onto Sal's shirt.

...

..

A shirt that Sal had borrowed from Larry.

"Shit I'm so sorry!" Y/n apologized as they scrambled to get paper towels and a new shirt for Sal.

Sal chuckled. "It's okay. Larry won't mind." He said as he took off the shirt.

Y/n froze but for a different reason.

Sal's mask had fallen off when he took off the shirt.

"What's wrong?" Sal asked, not even noticing the mask had come off. "Wait.." He muttered as he felt something was off. He touched his face and froze as he realized what happened. "O-Oh.. Oh god.. I'm so sorry-" He spoke as he shakily tried putting it back on.

"Sal wait- It's okay." Y/n finally spoke up.

Sal looked at Y/n. He was crying.
Y/n's heart broke at the sight.

Sal flinched as Y/n got closer, slowly and gently placing their hand on his.

"You're so beautiful.. You know that?" Y/n asked, a look of pure love on their face.

"Y-You don't think I look scary or anything?.." Sal asked, his voice shaking.

Y/n shook their head. "Of course not. I think you look amazing. Everything about you is perfect."

Sal let out a sigh of relief. He froze as Y/n went to touch his face, but he slowly leaned into it, relaxing as he felt Y/n wipe away his tears.

"Am I allowed to kiss you?" Y/n asked. Sal nodded.

Sal choked back a sob as he felt Y/n kiss everywhere on his face. He was always so scared for when this happened because he was worried Y/n wouldn't love him anymore if they saw his face.

Y/n kissed away all the tears that spilled. They smiled a little as Sal held them in his arms.

"I'm so glad you still like me.." He muttered.

Y/n only smiled more. "How could I not?.. You're the sweetest guy I've ever met. I wouldn't just throw you away like that. I love everything about you. Even your face." They spoke softly.

"God- I'm so glad.." Sal cried.

After a while, Sal finally calmed down and stopped crying. Y/n had comforted him the entire time.

He grabbed his mask and put it back on, thanking Y/n as they helped him with the straps.

Y/n smiled as they looked into Sal's eyes before hugging him.

From that day forward, Y/n always said things that boosted Sal's confidence. They showed their love for him twice as much as they did before. They did everything in their power to make sure Sal knew they loved him and always would.