So far

tommy arrived at his best friend's house, a backpack slung over one shoulder. he visited his crush's house once a week and it would be awful if they weren't such close friends already. after everything that happened during and after their senior year, both of them had some self discovery to do. he admired steve's instant switch from asshole to sweetheart, even if he'd made fun of it in the beginning.

he knocked on the front door of the harrington house before opening it. he knew the boy was expecting him and there was no way in hell his parents were back already. in all the years he'd known steve, he hadn't seen mister and misses harrington more than he could count on one hand.

"alright, stevie, i brought a classic this week." he held up the plastic cover to pirates of the caribbean: the curse of the black pearl. "tell me you've seen it, don't break my heart ... " he joked.

steve was prepared for this day, in the kitchen and making them a few snacks to eat during the movie watching. .he absolutely loved their movie nights and since tommy was always willing to hang out, it was a plus. .

hearing the knock, his attention went to the front door and a smile appeared on his face. .he'd never expect that it would be his parents. .they'd just barge in and say they forgot something before leaving again. .

he's looking to the movie in tommy's hands and laughing at the joke that was made, moving a tad closer to check it out.  .even sliding his glasses on. "I have actually- it was a while ago though!"

something twisted in tommy's gut seeing his best friend wearing glasses. jesus, he needed to get his blood pressure checked. this man would be the death of him. he let out a breathless chuckle and turned the cover over in his hands, eyes glued to the action.

"good. at least you have /some/ taste." he grinned and waved the movie in front of him. "you're lucky i'm here, harrington, or you'd never know true cinema masterpieces."

he laughed and crossed over to the living room, loading the film into his dvd reader.

playfully rolling his eyes at the taller, he's showing a soft smile, patting his best friends head before pulling away to walk over to the kitchen and get the rest of his snacks together.

" you do have a point with that one, tom. " He mumbled, knowing he'd probably hate the nickname he was given before taking the glass bowls of snacks into the living room and setting them on a small wooden coffee table in front of the tv.

steve sits down on the couch and gets comfortable in his usual spot, grabbing his favorite blanket to cover himself with while his eyes are glued to the screen.

on the contrary, the nickname paired with the physical contact - however brief - was enough to get tommy's blood pumping. this was gonna be a long night. he pressed his heels to his eyes and groaned when steve was out of earshot.

pasting on an unbothered smile, the redhead joined him on the couch. he kept a good couple of feet between them for the time being, knowing he wanted nothing more than to curl up in his friend's arms and watch movies together forever. ugh, the sap.

he picked up a bag of twizzlers to snack on while the opening credits played.

seeing the other grab the twizzlers, he's scooting closer until their shoulders touch and grabbing a few pieces of the candy, nomming on them and letting out that precious little giggle of his.

he's staying a tad closer this time but making sure to keep distance between, not wanting to overstep any boundaries if tommy seemed to not like physical touch and steve absolutely loved touch.

he's a bit of a clingy person, quietly humming and looking at the screen again, watching that dream. .and remembering the total studs on the screen. .why did men have to be so hot. .