The obsession

Charlie was nervous as he walked into his high school reunion. It had been five years since he had graduated, and he wasn't sure what to expect. Would people remember him? Would they care about what he had been up to?

As he mingled with his former classmates, he was surprised to see Chris, a guy he had been friends with in high school. Charlie and Chris had lost touch after graduation, but they had been close back then. As they caught up, Charlie noticed that Chris seemed a little off. He was fidgety and kept glancing around the room.

Eventually, Chris leaned in close to Charlie and whispered, "I have to tell you something. I've had an insane obsession with you since high school."

Charlie was taken aback. He didn't know what to say. He had always thought of Chris as just a friend, and he had never suspected anything more.

Chris continued, "I used to watch you all the time. I knew your schedule, where you lived, everything. I even followed you sometimes."

Charlie's heart raced as he listened to Chris's confession. He didn't know what to do. He felt trapped, like he was in a horror movie.

Chris continued to talk, oblivious to Charlie's discomfort. He told Charlie about all of the things he had done to try and get closer to him, like hacking into his social media accounts and sending himself messages from Charlie's accounts.

Charlie was horrified. He didn't know what to do or say. He felt like he was in a nightmare.

Eventually, Charlie made an excuse to leave and went home. He couldn't shake the feeling of unease that had settled over him. He knew that he needed to do something, but he didn't know what.

The next day, Charlie talked to a therapist and a lawyer. He knew that he needed to protect himself from Chris and make sure that he couldn't hurt anyone else. He filed a restraining order and cut off all contact with Chris.

It was a difficult time for Charlie, but eventually he was able to move on. He learned to trust his instincts and to protect himself from people who might be dangerous. And he never forgot the lesson he had learned at his high school reunion: that sometimes the people we think we know can be hiding some very dark secrets.