EP 507 - For Lovers Only - Act VI

Writers Note: So, this is the final act for episode 507 For Lovers Only... This is a very long act. (I think this is my longest act to date with many different storylines. So, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask)  

F.Y.I.: O.S stands for Off screen. So, if you see that they're not in the shot but you can hear their voice. 

As always, I hope you enjoy it, and thanks for your support. Please follow, vote, and, comment. ☺️

ACT SIX

MUSIC CUE: "Dangerous Game" - 112 - PRESS PLAY - NEXT TWO SCENES

INT. SLAUSON CAFE - AFTERNOON

Darnell sits alone at a table. CURVY GIRL (attractive, 20s) stops in front of him.

CURVY GIRL

Darnell, right? You play for GAU.

DARNELL

Yep, that's me.

CURVY GIRL

Hmmm... Someone as handsome as you shouldn't be eating alone. Let me buy you lunch.

DARNELL

Flattered. But I'm practically married.

Unnoticed, Kia eyes the interaction from the door and slowly walks toward Darnell.

CURVY GIRL

So, not married?

Darnell sizes her up and smirks. He shakes his head.

DARNELL

I'm good luv, enjoy.

Darnell eyes Curvy Girl's frame as she walks away. Damn, shawty thick...Forgive me, lord. Cleanse my thoughts.

DARNELL

Damn!

Darnell buries his head in his phone. Kia plops down in the chair across from him and folds her arms.

KIA

See something you like?

Darnell peeps Kia's scowl. She moves like a damn ninja. Fuck!

DARNELL

Yeah, she was bad... But I told her I wasn't interested.

Kia starts scrolling through Instagram on her phone.

KIA

Sure you did.

The waiter brings their food and leaves. They eat in awkward silence with Kia still preoccupied with her phone.

DARNELL

So, how's your day going?

KIA

Fine.

DARNELL

Kia... I can't control how many women approach me. I can only control how I respond to them.

KIA

Right...

(mocks Darnell)

Damn!

A beat. Kia responds to Dante's DM: Lunch Friday sounds cool.

DARNELL

I'm sorry about that. But come on. You know I didn't get her number. You have my code. Even if I wanted to, which I don't. I'm not stupid.