3

Tomorrow came and you received an invitation to a ball where you need a partner to attend

The moment your servants brought in the invitation the next day, your eyes practically glowed in happiness. "Yes! Yes!" You shouted inwardly, as your heart fluttered at seeing the royal stamp at the letter's bottom right.

You quickly took a bath and then headed for your wardrobe. You searched for a while, trying to see what would be the perfect dress to wear to the ball. After a while, you found the perfect dress. It was black, but with golden decorations that seemed to glisten and catch the light, with a matching crown to boot.

However you realized you haven't found yourself a partner yet. the ball is in three days so you only have that much time to find a suitable escort

Your mind quickly raced through the options. Who would be an ideal escort for the ball? Who was worthy of being by your side? The question loomed over you, your mind trying to come up with possible ideas for a partner. You didn't want to pick a boring candidate, though... someone interesting... You decided you would find the perfect partner. Someone interesting and fun, someone capable of keeping up with your banter... and then it hit you, him. The Crown Prince.

However you couldn't find the courage to ask him to be your escort

You spent the next two days debating within yourself if you should go ask the crown prince to be your partner. How would you even ask him? And what if he says no? Who would you even go with?

Every time you thought of the question, you would feel those fluttering feelings inside you, your heart rate increasing when you imagined yourself being his partner. In the end, your feelings for the handsome crown prince seemed to get the best of you, you took all the courage and strength you could muster, and went to find the crown prince in the castle halls.

"Uhm.. Excuse me, your highness?" You cleared your throat nervously, but even so your voice still came out with a soft and weak tone. Just the sight of him made you feel.. weak. Even so, you still managed to walk up to him, your hands folding nervously in front of you.. he seemed so tall and handsome, and the way he looked down at you, his golden eyes almost sparkling as he looked at you... like he was staring into your soul..

All the courage you've built up the past few days seems to have vanished as you find yourself weak in the knees when you saw him face to face

"Hey.. are you alright?~" He asked with a slight smirk on his face. He seemed genuinely concerned about you, which almost made you crumble entirely when he spoke. He couldn't seem to understand the effect his mere presence had on you.. as soon as he looked at you, all your confidence had disappeared... "Did you need something?" He tilted his head slightly, his golden eyes widening as he saw you get more nervous when you saw him. He still managed to give you a little smile, though.

You couldn't bare to look at him any longer as your heart keeps beating faster and faster, then you saw his aid who was also tall and handsome, not as handsome as him tho. You tried to walk towards him just to escape the crown prince gaze

The crown prince's aide turned his head slightly in your direction, his eyes meeting yours. He seemed quite stoic, but he gave you a small smile nonetheless. His cold and almost piercing blue eyes studied you, sizing you up, seeming to see what kind of a person you were. He gave a quick nod, and then looked back at the crown prince, his cold and stoic expression returning. He must have been trained well to keep a straight face when faced with the crown princess.. but the crown prince himself had a look of worry in his eyes as he stared at you..

The crown prince's eyes remained fixed on you. He seemed genuinely confused. "Is there something wrong, my princess..?" He asked, his voice soft and hushed. His eyes didn't seem to look away, as he was waiting for you to answer, a look of concern on his face. He seemed genuinely worried for you.. for the first time, he didn't seem like an arrogant and cold, cruel person. He still had his usual sly smile and his golden eyes glowed brilliantly at you, almost burning your soul with each and every gaze...