Part 1

This story is dedicated to our dear friend, Steven Proudfoot.

May he be forever proud of his feet, as he should be...

Dean sat at the long table in the bunker, searching the web for potential hunts. Everything seemed quite calm since the angels returned to heaven and stopped wreaking havoc. Things were finally back to normal, or as normal as things could get. Sam and Dean continued going on hunts and Castiel lived in the bunker with them part time. He still had a lot of business in heaven but he joined the brothers as often as he could.

Dean opened yet another news tab, but nothing showed up that qualified as "their kind of thing", and you know what kind thing that is. Dean looked over at Sam because he heard footsteps at the door. Dean put his hand on his jacket and slightly placed his cold, icy, electric blue fingers on the hilt. Then Cas shouted from the other side of the door, "It's only me, can I come in?" as Carol Kregor frequently says.

Then Dean said, "Yeah, but you only scared me half to death."

"Where have you been anyway?" Sam asked sassily!

"I was away fighting a nasty war against those vermin who call themselves Starfleet."

"LETS GO FOR A WALK!!" they all said at the same time in the lowest most satanic voice that didn't sound human at all and sounded coincidentally a lot like Lucifer/Satan, ehh it was probably just the wind. So, they got up and went on a walk.

While they were walking, they passed by Colleen. Her long, thin tongue was out and flapping around, and as she passed them, her tongue slid across each of their faces. They didn't react and kept on walking.

"So about this war," said Dean. "I think I remember my old friend, Kirk, telling me about a war... a war between the Starfleet and the angels."

"Yes. It's very serious. In fact, I should probably go soon. I have a meeting with a few other angels," explained Cas. "They're actually asking where I am right now."

Then Dean woke up with a jerk.

"That was weird," explained Dean.

"What was?" asked Sammy.

"I just had the weirdest dream."

Cas appeared suddenly as he normally does and he walked over to Dean. Dean stood up and Cas slapped his butt with a firm yet gentle touch.

"Hey baby," Cas said.

"Nothing much you," Dean asked.

Dean woke up again. He was confused and slightly turned on by the dream he had just awoke from.

Sam asked, "Are you okay Dean?"

Dean's eyes snapped open again and saw the length of the wooden table covered in books and papers. He lifted his head and realized Sam was asking him if he was okay.

"What? Oh... yeah..." said Dean, rubbing his eyes. "I just had a weird dream. Like, really weird."

"What was it about?" Sam asked.

"It was about........ Yeah no."

"No?"

"You don't want to know..." Dean said.

"Alright then..." Sam said, knitting his eyebrows. "Anyway, I think I found something."

"A case?"

"Yeah. A bunch of people went missing in McCook, Nebraska," said Sam. "The one guy that was found, was found dead... with his eyes burned out."

"Angels?"

"Angels."

"Alright! Let's go!" said Dean, standing up and closing the book he had been using as a pillow. He grabbed his jacket that was draped over the back of his chair. Sam closed his laptop and stood, also grabbing his jacket.

There was a quiet whoosh of air and a faint flapping of feathers behind them. They both turned when they heard the familiar sound. Cas stood there, looking awfully down for the count, bruises and cuts covering half his face.

"Whoa," Dean and Sam hurried over to him just as his knees buckled. They caught both his arms before he could hit the floor.

"What happened to you?" asked Dean as him and Sam dragged Cas over to a chair.

"I was fighting the war," he said, his right arm wrapped around his ribs, the other holding an angel blade. "I need to tell you guys something."

"Wait, what war?" interrupted Sam.

"That's not important right now. Listen, there's a town not far from here where an angel has been kidnapping people for questioning. I think one of our soldiers has gone rogue because the humans won't know anything. Our enemy is from the future. I need your help going there and finding this angel. I was thinking we could use a lure or something."

"Lemme guess, McCook?" asked Dean, and Cas nodded. "Nailed it."

"We were actually going there right now," said Sam.

"Alright, I'll meet you there," said Cas, standing up and disappearing.