Chapter One

I walked through the rain as it poured down, comforting my pounding head. The deserted road was pooled in darkness. The street lights being the only source of light for miles. My converse dragged down the asphalt, getting soaked by the wet ground. My wind-breaker became drenched as water trickled down from my hair and the sky. I spotted the house that i was currently staying at with my pal Liam and trudged up the wooden steps. Creeeak! Creeeak! I pulled open the door and stepped inside. Wiping my feet on the mat, I looked around the dim room. A lamp was on and Liam was nowhere in sight. My wind-breaker was peeled from my body, and hung on the rack behind the closet door near the entrance. Puffing air out of my cheeks, I flipped on the light switch and planted myself on the suede couch.

"Hey," Liam said as he walked in from the hall. "I have something I need you to do. It's extremely important."He said.

I cocked my eyebrow at him.
"Follow me and I'll explain."
I got up and followed him into the backyard.

"I have a task I need you to fulfill. I met an altoohine and she's in danger. You need to be her protector."

I knew right away what he was talkinh about. I knew what an altophine was, which is why I was so nervous.

"Are you sure you chose the right person?"

"Altophines are very rare and delicate. I know you can handle it, you are very strong" Liam explained. I looked at him and gave him a hug then shook his hand.
"I'll do it." I said firmly. "Where is she?"
"I have her hidden the greenhouse." He answered
"She loves the flowers and little insects" he added with a smile.
"You must take good care of her, somebody is coming for her, they don't know she is here" I began to get worried. " how old is she"? I asked curious. " she is in a 19 year old woman's form, but she is 176 years old. " she is in the same age form I am" I thought. " Niall, you will stay here but you will be her protector," Liam told me.

Liam got up and led me outside. The air smelled wonderful because she was here.

I followed him into the greenhouse. I heard a girl humming. It was a light and beautiful melodic sound, like a small waterfall. " September" Liam whispered. The humming stopped.

" Liam am I supposed to feel warm?" I asked. " yes , shhh" he said kindly but sternly.

Soon, a beautiful girl with wavy chocolate brown hair and crystal blue eyes came around.

She was in her human form. She was wearing skinny jeans and a ruffled lace shirt with a pale pink cardigan over it. As she saw me our eyes connected. I saw she had a yellow ring around her pupils. I felt connected to her. She stepped closer to me. Her skin had a light glow and she moved with grace.

"Liam, who is this?" She asked still looking at me.

" this is Niall, your protector " he explained to her. She stepped over to me so we were inches apart. I felt her slender arms wrap around my torso. I put my arms around her. This felt like she was meant to be here.

She pulled away and I felt empty I need her close to me. Why do I feel this way?

" September yo must trust Niall with all your heart, he will do anything to keep you safe."

" do you trust him" ? He asked. " I do, I feel like I need him" she said.

" come on let's go inside" Liam put his arm around her shoulders.

I felt weird. I didn't want Liam ho,ding her like that. Why? I have this feeling where I need her close to me. I'll ask Liam later.

" I'm tired." I heard a precious voice say.

" I show you your room" I said.

" carry me?" She asked.

I felt like I needed to. It felt like she was meant to be in my arms.

" sure" I picked her up bridal style and she put her arms around my neck.

" so your like a vampire"? She asked lightly through closed eyes.

" yep" I said.

" cool" she said so quietly I could barely hear. I felt her fall asleep.

She is so beautiful. Why am I thinking this?

I put her in her bed and pulled the white duvet over her. The bed started to glow slightly.

She is an angel and anything she touches gets filled with so much of God's love and kindness that it starts to glow.

I went over to my bed across from hers and went to sleep myself.