___6___

I scrounged the ground for food. Nothing was found. The only source of energy I found was a small Clearwater spring on the edge of the Lake. I drank too much of it, I could tell my the wheezing inside from my jumpy stomach.

Hopping from roof to roof for 4 hours wasn't a piece of cake, and with a rumbling stomach and a sweltering sun, the odds were against me.

Word had already spread about the runaway thief, Cornelia, and how 3 million valuable dollars were gone.

My mind had drifted to the other day, when Angelina told me she wanted to rob a bank.

Wait.

What...?

I traced my mind, racking it of all other thoughts. I could remember the anger on her small face. Her running away. And leaving the orphanage.

I needed to find out why I was being framed. I could swear it was Angelina. She had much more stealth and agility than I, and could stuff a check in the back of her pocket faster than I could blink an eye.

I found a bright beige sweater and used it to cover my head, just like rich women did to cover themselves up. It had many holes in it and smelled of mildew, but this was a life and death situation, and I had to stay quiet.

I skimmed through the trash in the alleys of the city, I found very nice pants, black with only two holes, both in the bottom, and traded my overalls for a long tee shirt with a homeless woman.

I looked completely un-identified, with not a trace of Cornelia Shirley left in me.

Luckily, a trader from the north saw me wandering the streets and approached me.

"Child, where is your family?" he asked in a harsh tone. "Your bloody rich family wouldn't want you to be robbed would they?"

I shuddered. "I'll trade you, mister. Got anything good in that bag of yours?"

The man smiled. He winked at me and pulled out some fancy sunglasses he had obviously constructed himself.

The pair was white with big black centers, and small pink diamonds oozing with glue on its edges.

"Jus like the princess wears, miss." He said, "my name is Omar, by the way. Tell tour friends, and they can get cool sunglasses like you."

He winked again.

"You must be kidding, mister." I said, "if you think I'd fall for that stupid trick, your sadly mistaken. However, I'll trade you your life: it is illegal to propose fakery to the rich. Shall I have you turned in? Or will you turn over the glasses?"

Omar looked at me. He handed over the glasses and gave me a nasty look.

My acting was incredible, it was.

Stranger don't look at me like that.

It was!

Don't worry, Omar greeted me again later on.

Let me continue.

Wearing the sunglasses, I looked like a rich girl who had lost her family.
I walked into the City, the main part of our land. I got many looks from the surrounding people. Some were of disgust, and some sympathy.
I walked confidently, with my disguise hiding my every feature.

I saw Omar in the street again, yelling at some small rich boys playing with his hair and tying it into knots.

I looked around for Creators, but none were found. In fact, no face was familiar.

A small girl with large red eyes and soft brown hair stares up at me. She pointed a small sticky finger at me and muttered something to her mother.

"My name is Aurora." She said and bared shiny white teeth. "Your socks don't match. That's weird."

Auroras mother looked at me as if I had said something offensive to her.

"That's rude," I said, "and I don't care what you think of me. Watch your words or you'll regret saying them."

Aurora scowled at me, and her mother pulled her away to another route.

I watched them disappear into the bright suns view.

I wandered the streets for about 2 hours, finding pocket change strewn through the City streets. I counted each coin carefully, then bought myself a loaf of bread.

It was warm and crunchy, but nothing like the homemade bread Headmistress made.

I tied my remains in a knot I scrounged for any Creators. That's when I saw one.

Her name was Finely. She had dark blond hair and black eyes. Her ID tag read: Age 25.

She looked at me and I met her gaze, and she started running towards me, gun in her hand and she started screaming.

My first instinct was to run, but as soon as my back turned on her, I felt a sting of pain in my back and I collapsed onto the ground.