1

:HYUNJIN'S POV:

Funny how people die for fame and money. I sometimes wish selfishness, greed and shit never existed.

I sigh.

As the prince of the Korean empire, I find most things bullshit.                                                                         

I snap back to reality when I turn around and face Mrs. Chen, the head cook, "what would you like for lunch today, your highness?" she bows, her eyes fixed to the ground. I stare at her coldly and say "poached salmon". She nods and scurries away. I have that effect on people. One stare is all that takes to scare them. One stare. 

Being the future king is no damn joke, i am hoarded with a bunch of responsibilities and i cant-

I am standing in my balcony when I notice a figure near the gate, pass the lush lawns of the palace. 

It's that same girl. 

I've been watching her for almost a week now. She comes everyday and takes care of the wounded stray cat outside the gate. 

I shouldn't be staring but I can't help but do so.

Her brown hair is fluttering in the wind, even from this distance I can see the smile-

STOP.                                                                                                                                                                                   

What the hell are you thinking Hyunjin? get a grip. 

"Renfry?" I call my bodyguard. One of the very people i trust. I met him in France and he is very good at his job, saving my life multiple times.

"Yes, your highness?" he says as I notice him come beside me.

I still cant tear my eyes away from her. It's just something-

"i need to know everything about her, and call her to the palace" I say pointing at her. Renfry's gaze followed towards her and I hear him chuckle beneath his breath. "Is there a problem?" i ask.  

Renfry hesitates but then says, "If I didn't know better, your highness, I'd say you are attracted" he smiles.

"I don't do emotions. especially shit like attraction- it's useless and a waste of time. I asked you to do a background check on her since I wanted to hire an assistant. I'd suggest you to get your head out of the gutter and focus on work" I say dryly.

I raise my hand in dismissal.

did i just tell Renfry to call her?

SHIT- why did i say that?

I hurry downstairs to the grand hall and stand by the window.

I sigh- 

What's wrong with me?

(A/N : this chapter is pretty short but i hope you liked the start. I can't wait to continue it! STAN STRAYKIDS AND LEAD A BETTER LIFE <33333 )