Introduction

MADDIES POV: Most people go through a lot when they're teens. I'm Maddie. I live with my mom, dad, and older brother, Matt. We were the Espinosa's. My parents just recently got divorced so me and Matt live with mom. We currently are living in Virginia but my mom just got offered a huge job in North Carolina. I wasn't thrilled when she said we were moving. That meant leaving behind everything. I was born here and I loved it here. It was moving day, I picked up the last box in my room and stood at the door. I was gonna miss this place. From birth to 14 years old, this was my room. I shut the door and packed the box in the truck. "Ready to go?" my mom asked. "Sure. Whatever." I said doubtfully. I got in the back seat of the car with Matt. We started driving. It was 3 in the morning and I was still tired so I fell back asleep on Matt's shoulder. It was around 11:30 am when I woke up. "Matt where are we?" I asked quietly. He looked up from his phone and said "Uh some gas station in North Carolina. We still have another 30 minutes till we get to our new house. Mom got back in the car and we finished the drive. We got to the new house and got out. I took a few boxes inside. It was a lot bigger than our old house. I ran upstairs with a few of my boxes in my hand upstairs and chose my room. I chose a room that had a view of the front yard. I started unpacking when I noticed in the house across the street, a boy who looked about my age was standing in the window to what appears to be his bedroom. I unpack a few boxes when I find my longboard. I run downstairs and ask my mom if I can go outside. "Sure but have Matt go out with you." she said. "Why?" I whined. "Cause you both have been in the car and need fresh air." I walked upstairs and call for Matt. "Matt meet me outside!" I yelled. "Ok!" he yells. I run back downstairs and go outside. Matt finally comes outside with his board. As we are getting on our boards the boy from across the street comes out with a penny board. "Hey." he says. He walks up to me and Matt. "Hey, we're new in the neighborhood." Matt said. "Ya I kinda noticed." the boy said chuckling a little bit. "I'm Matt and this is my sister Maddie." "I'm Hayes, nice to meet you." he said. After greeting each other, we boarded around the neighborhood for a while. "Maddie I'm gonna finish unpacking." Matt said starting to walk home. "Ok." I said. "So Maddie, wanna come to my place for a bit?" Hayes asked biting his lip. "Sure." I said. We walked to his house and went inside. I was greeted by his parents, little sister, and older brothers. We go upstairs to their bonus room. "Tell me about yourself." he said sitting on the couch. "Well, I just moved here from Virginia, parents are divorced, and I longboard." I said. I sat next to him on the couch. "Cool. Well, I have a younger sister named Skylynn, and 2 brothers named Nash and Will. By the way, welcome to the neighborhood." he said. He turned on the tv as I checked my phone. I got a text from one of my best friends back in Virginia, Logan. 'I miss you so much Maddie:( Its gonna suck not having my best friend with me anymore.' me and him have been friends pretty much since birth. Before I left I had a tiny crush on him and he told me he liked me too. But I moved. Our moms had the same job then my mom got promoted. 'I miss you too Logan.' I replied back. I look up at Hayes to find him staring at me. HAYES POV: I know I just met her but she was really pretty. I didn't realize it but I was staring at her. "Uh Hayes? You ok?" Maddie asked. "Ya I'm fine." I said. Still not paying attention I started to lean in to kiss her. I was about an inch away from her to kiss her when she yelled "HAYES!" I jumped back as she stood up. "Oh my god Maddie I'm sorry I don't know why I did that!" I said. She stormed back to her house. I probably just messed up any chances with her. MADDIES POV: I went up to my room and laid on my bed. I just meet him and he tries to make a move on me! I brush it off and check my phone. 'MT MOM GOT PRMOTED TOO AND WE ARE MOVING NEXT DOOR TO YOU IN 2 WEEKS!!' Logan texted. I jumped up squealing. 'YAY I CAN'T WANT TO SEE MY BESTIE AGAIN!' I replied. Matt comes running into my room. "Maddie what's wrong?!?!" he said. "Oh nothing just trying to be a dinosaur like you." I said sarcastically. He gave me a weird look and did his dinosaur screech back to his room. Then I hear mom's faint voice scream "Matthew shut you and your dinosaur up!" I laughed a little bit and finished unpacking. This day has been a good one so far.