Chapter 1

MADDIES POV: I woke up the next morning and went downstairs to eat breakfast. I found a note on the fridge from mom. 'Gonna be gone everyday from 6:30 am to 10:00 pm for work. :( love you!' I was used to her being gone all the time. She had to bump up her hours to pay for the bills and stuff like that. I make myself and Matt breakfast. Right when I finish making breakfast, Matt finally wakes up. "Morning lazy" I said. He groans in response. I hand him his breakfast and clean up. We finish eating and we go on our phones for a while. After about 20 minutes of silence Matt breaks it. "Maddie I found this app called Vine. Wanna download it and make some?" he asked. "Sure." I said. "Just let me shower and get ready." I run upstairs and take a quick shower. I get dressed and am ready within 45 minutes. Matt also took a shower and got dressed. "Its about time! Slow poke!" he yelled. I roll my eyes and sit on the couch next to him. I heard a knock at the door. I got up hoping it wasn't Hayes. I opened the door and it was Nash. "Oh. Hey Nash, come in." I said letting him in. "Uhm, Hayes is really sorry about yesterday." Nash said. "That's all you came over here for? Is to apologize for something your brother did?" I said sounding a little disgusted. Matt came in a little concerned. "Maddie is everything ok?" Matt asked. "Have you told him what happened?" Nash said. "Told me what?" "Matt, after you left to finish unpacking, I went over to Hayes' house and he tried to kiss me." I answered. "Are you serious?! He made a move on you and he's only known you for a day?!" Matt yelled angrily. Matt shoved past me and Nash and stormed over to the Grier's house. He banged on the door. Hayes opened it and Matt started yelling at him. MATTS POV: I was mad that we had just met the guy and he makes a move on MY baby sister within the FIRST DAY! Once he answered the door I went off at him. "What were you thinking? Are you messed up? Do you have any common sense? Making a move on my baby sister after you've only known her a couple hours!" he was speechless. I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Maddie behind me. "Matt, first of all, I'm not a baby, second it's not that big of a deal, can we all just forget it happened and start over?" she asked. "Yes can we please just completely start over like nothing happened?" Hayes asked. They both gave me the puppy dog face anyone couldn't say no too. "Fine. We can start over." I answered. We all regreeted each other and hung out at my house. HAYES POV: I'm glad that we were starting over. When we went inside Matt had mentioned something about making a vine. Matt turned on the camera and started recording. "Hey I'm Matt and this is my first vine!" he said then smiled. Me and Maddie looked at each other then smacked Matt. We ran upstairs to her room and shut the door before Matt could get us. Maddie locked the door and I hopped onto her bed. We were both laughing really hard. She walked over to her bed where I was to give me a high five. We looked into eachothers eyes and both started to lean in.