Chapter 2

HAYES POV: As we both leaned in, we were interrupted by Matt banging on the door. "OPEN UP SO I CAN SMACK HAYES!" Matt yelled. "Why only me?!" I screamed. "Cause you're not a girl." he replied. Me and Maddie rolled our eyes and laughed a little. She opened the door and Matt hugged her then came over and lightly slapped me. He left the room and Maddie closed the door. I really wanted her to be my girlfriend but I knew it was still too soon. She walked over to the bed again as I stood up, towering over her. I pulled her into a hug and said "Maddie I really like you." "Hayes, I don't want to be in a relationship with someone I just met yesterday. Let's just wait a few weeks and we can think about it then." she said. I sighed "Ok." and smiled. MADDIES POV: I hate that I rejected him cause he was kinda cute but I still needed some time to get settled in. We went back downstairs to where Nash and Matt were. We continued hanging out by watching tv, making more vines, eating some snacks, and unpacking a few boxes. *2 weeks pass of all them hanging out and getting to know each other better.... Now they are at Matt and Maddie's house hanging out.* MADDIES POV: Me, Matt, Nash, and Hayes are all hanging out. We ran out of snacks so Nash and Matt went to the store to get more food, leaving me and Hayes home alone. We were sitting on the couch just talking. I could tell he was flirting with me. He would bite his lip every once in a while, and just stare at me at random times. I heard someone knock on the front door. I got up and opened it. It was Logan. "Oh my god, Logan!" I screamed as I jumped into his arms. "Hey Maddie!" he said. He put me down and I let him in. "Hayes this is Logan, Logan this is Hayes." They shook hands and greeted each other. "Maddie I actually came over to see if it was ok with your mom if I stayed here until my mom has the house settled. We had to redo some rooms and one of them was mine." Logan asked. "I'm sure my mom won't mind." I answered. Me and Logan go into a whole conversation trying to catch up, when I forgot about Hayes being in the room. He cleared his throat sounding like he was annoyed. "Oh sorry Hayes." I apologized. We all sat on the couch and watched TV until Nash and Matt got back. Once they came back with loads of food they greeted Logan and we all just talked and shared stories. Hayes just stared at me and Logan. I guess I was flirting with Logan a little. I still liked him. "Hey Maddie can I talk to you in private?" Logan asked. I nodded my head in agreement and we went up to my room. I shut the door and locked it. "What's up?" I said. "I really like you Maddie, and I was wondering if you want to be my girlfriend?" he asked. I was shocked. "Of course I'll be your girlfriend!" I squealed. He pulled me into a tight hug. We went back downstairs holding hands. Once Hayes saw us he immediately got up and left. He slammed the front door and sat on the porch steps. "Hey I'm gonna go check on him." I said. I walked outside and sat down next to Hayes. "What's wrong?" I asked. "You and Logan!" "Hayes, I liked him before I met you and still liked him. Remember what I said to you 2 weeks ago in my room?" he nodded. "Ok then. We can still be best friends and you can be there if anything happens ok?" I said. He nodded again. I kissed his cheek and went back inside. HAYES POV: I sat outside for a few minutes just to think. She never said I couldn't have feelings for her. I just can't have her. But, I'm gonna be there for her just in case Logan decides to be a fuckboy. I started to like her more and more since we first met. I don't know if it was the fact that she has a boyfriend, but at that moment I realized, I think I love her.