Return

19th May 2023

Returning here was the best decision but in order to make it best I first need to correct and complete a few things I left behind.

'This place was with me when I was alone' I thought while standing in front of the place my favorite coffee shop was. I really miss the coffee and my place to sit. 

*Later on*

"Hey Adalson" I waved at him. While returning here one of the things I knew I was going to do was meet Adalson. Even though I never said it to him or myself, but he was a father figure to me. A lot of things & thoughts he shared with me helped me in my life. 

"Hello Xandra" he greeted me with a smile that I've never seen before. Later in a second he enveloped me in a hug saying "It feels good meeting you kiddo!" then patting my back a few times. 

This love, the one my father never gave me or my mother for that matter. This was what I was craving for all those years. This is what made me so blunt & harsh towards my happiness. Now, that I have realized it I don't want to miss all this that I could have taken within all these years.

"I missed you Ad." I smiled looking at him.

"Me too" he replied. "This place missed you too. But someone took over your job." he remarked glancing at the church's graveyard. 

At this I just smiled, because I knew who it was. 

"When does he come here?"

"Every 3 months!" 

"When did he last come?"

"Maybe in August"

"Ohh" I exclaimed. "Umm Ad I have something for you" I said softly. Taking out a wrapped box from my backpack I gave it to him. 

Opening it he looked at me and then glanced at the watch. "Its beautiful, my dear" he amazed looking at it. 

"I carved it!" I pointed like a 5 year old.

To which he shook his head and grinned "Thank you dear".

"I know I never said it you Ad but you've always been like a father figure to me, you have taught me things that no one ever did and I am eternally grateful to you for that! So, this was just a small token of love for you." I expressed.

Hearing this he again enveloped me into a small hug and uttered "Yes, I know. You have always been like my daughter Xandra." he told me.

I couldn't feel any happier after he said that.

After a small chit chat with him I started walking. Reaching my 2 roomed place I made a coffee for myself and watched people across my window. But all this time I was thinking about the line Adalson muttered "Don't leave this boy at any cost!".

I knew who he was talking about. Because in order to complete my life I want him, SAGE. The person in front of whom I could break. The person with whom I can be like I want. The person I left.

Thinking about that day I still feel guilty for leaving him there without any consent. 
Something just stings my heart, and I know I deserve it.