find and control the gift

CHAPTER 8

THWASANA THWALA

I had to leave my brother to taxi drivers, so they can watch over him till Mtho arrives.

We reached Thobile's home and found her parents outside busy cleaning the yard, we are lucky to find them. It's quite I guess kids went to school. When her mother saw us she let out a loud and painful scream.

"Baba, uhambile umntanami." (My child is gone.)

"Let's hear them out my wife." the husband said.

"Bantu abadala siyabingelela." (Greetings elders.)

"Thokoza." he bowed a little.

I sighed at least one is going to hear us out.

"We are here regarding Thobile. She's safe and with us kwaMakhosi Mhlongo eNquthu, to find her gift and be able to control it. We were told to tell you that two chickens are needed from you for washing away bad spirits from her that may hinder her on taking this journey with peace." I said then lowered my head.

"Siyezwa ndodana, ningobani nina?" (We understand son, who are you?)

"Nqobani Thwala, lona uNkosiyazi Ncube no Themba Mathebula."

"Awuh, Mkholo." We nodded.

"And what are the colours for the chickens needed?" he asked after some time.

"Impangele nemhlophe." he nodded.

"When are they needed?"

"Umsombuluko namhlanje okusho ukuthi umsebenzi wokumgeza uzokwenzeka ngoMgqibelo ngolesine kumele zibe sezisesigodlwemi." (It's Monday today meaning the ceremony of washing her will be held Saturday, Thursday the chickens have to be available to us."

"And how are we going to get to you?" Thobile's mother was now calm hence, she asked.

"We will meet you halfway."

"How is she?" her mother asked.

"She's still a bit confused about her gift, she doesn't know about it."

"It must be hard for her, please take care of my daughter, if this is how her life was bound to be then I accept her as she is, I can not abandon my daughter because of a life she didn't choose." her mother said with a voice full of hurt.

"Amen, may God bless you." I said.

"Please drink some juice before you go." I nodded.

I asked for a mat and we sat down then got served with freshly baked scones with juice. We ate then Thobile's mother gave us a basket full of fruits and junk food for Thobile with some money.

"Please greet her for us, tell her we love her so much and she's missed. We can't wait to meet her." her mother said.

"Thank you so much son, go well."

"Siyabonga Baba." (Thank you father)
We walked away, now we need to get home and start preparing this ceremony for Thobile. Our Queen.