Chapter XXIX: Desperate Measures

Tymon was in trouble. He was struggling to get anywhere with these two.

      He was already using Black Fists, where he coats his fists in his spirit energy plus his Last Breath cintracy. It wasn't as effective as he hoped it'd be since he was too weak to break through their spirit enhancement.

      It also didn't help that he wasn't fast enough to land many hits, and the hits he made lacked power behind them.

      However, he was starting to grasp the nature of Trevor and Junichiro's cintracies.

      Trevor could cause explosions by creating spheres of condensed spirit energy that he could shoot at Tymon. And it seemed like the element of his spirit energy was smoke.

      If he understood correctly, that would be two cintracies, but Trevor only had one ring around his wrists. Did that mean he had a mystic cintracy?

      Junichiro's spirit energy didn't appear to have an element; it was just dark violet and black. But his cintracy seemed to allow him to create objects from his spirit energy. So far, Tymon has had to dodge floating purple blades and scattered floor traps meant to impale him.

      He was thankful they were holding back to keep damage to a minimum.

      Tymon looked at Trevor, who pointed two fingers like a gun at him.

      "Smoke Trail," he called out as a thin stream of smoke moved toward Tymon.

      Tymon dodged it, but it quickly adjusted itself to pursue him. Tymon had flipped and rolled over the area, trying to escape it, so by the time it caught him, the room looked like it was covered in a gray web.

      To Tymon's surprise, nothing happened as the smoke surrounded him. He looked over to Trevor, whose fingertips were now glowing orange.

      Shit, Tymon thought as Trevor uttered, "Boom."

      Suddenly, the energy from his fingers began tracking down the stream of smoke at lightning speeds, reaching Tymon before he knew it. The moment the energy reached Tymon, he winced as he was engulfed in a controlled explosion.

      Somehow, Tymon was still standing after the explosion. Once Trevor commanded the smoke to clear, Tymon stood there, inspecting himself in confusion.

      Trevor looked just as confused as he watched in disbelief.

      "Is it just me, or is he not taking damage from my blasts," he said to Junichiro.

      Junichiro studied Tymon silently before responding.

      "Try again," he told Trevor.

      "All right," Trevor stated as he rolled his shoulders.

      In a burst of speed, he appeared in front of Tymon and slammed a ball of energy the size of a melon into Tymon's stomach.

       The explosion ejected Tymon into the wall many feet behind him, but Tymon still hadn't felt it. As Tymon prepared to get back to his feet still unscathed, Junichiro reached for something on his waist as he rushed toward Tymon.

      When he appeared a few feet before Tymon, he pointed a grayish-black gun with dark violet and black energy coming from its barrel at Tymon.

      Before Tymon could react, Junichiro pulled the trigger, sending a bullet made of spirit energy spiraling toward Tymon's head.

      Due to a klevonian possessing an advanced perception, Tymon and the others could perceive the bullet as it came toward him.

      Tymon tried to move, but his body wasn't fast enough to react as he wanted it to.