Chapter XIV: Cintracies (Pt.3)

Tymon just finished signing the twenty-seventh and final document of his registration process.

      Most of the papers were stuff about being held accountable if he were to kill someone, not hurting the company's image, and not working with the other family branches before the year 3126.

      Now, he was holding something called an energy quantifier that was supposed to measure how much spirit energy he had.

      After about thirty seconds, a holo-screen appeared above the device. It read:

            Tymon Kage: Supreme Primordial Death

            EQN: 1,131,000

            Potential: 11,310,000

      "What does it mean by 'potential,'" Tymon asked.

      "Every Primordial has another version of themselves – like a form they can use – that allows them to access their full power. It's referred to as your hybrid form," Mr. Heart informs Tymon.

      He leads Tymon to a wall with a painting of a massive white bird-like creature hanging on it. Above it was a plaque that said, "The Healing Phoenix".

      "The phoenix represents Life's eternal healing nature," Mr. Heart said as he rubbed the frame of the painting.

      Down the wall were more spaces, but they had empty canvases instead of a painting. On the floor beneath each canvas was a small pedestal with a ribboned box placed on them.

      Next to the phoenix painting was an empty canvas with a plaque that said, "The Reaping Wolf". Tymon looked down and touched the box placed on the pedestal.

      "Take it," Mr. Heart said while smiling. "Those are special garments woven specifically for each Primordial."

      Tymon lifted the lid on the box to see inside. He was amazed at the fabric. It looked light and as if it would easily be torn, but he could feel how tough its material was when he touched it.

      While examining it with his hands, Tymon sensed something odd about the clothes.

      "You were right about them being special," Tymon said.

      Mr. Heart's eyes lit up.

      "You can sense it, huh? They're made from cindium – the same alloy Trik's made of – and liquidated PRP to help protect you against other's spirit energy."

      "Cindium?" Tymon inquired.

      "It's a mineral that, for a time, PRP would be found embedded in. It's harder than any element on the periodic table and has the capabilities to harness, redistribute, and reflect energy. Now that we know Viraa created it, I'm almost certain it's something from the world she's from."

      Mr. Heart caught himself drifting off, probably thinking of the possibilities that could be had there.

      "Take a look at my wife," Mr. Heart blurted.

      That caught Tymon by surprise.

      "Uh...what?"

      Mr. Heart grabbed Tymon by the shoulders and turned him toward his wife.

      "Look closely at her chest," he instructed.

      Mr. Heart pointed at his wife's chest.

      "See the pendant hanging there? That's the only piece of virgin cindium remaining," Mr. Heart said.