We'll make it to the other side,my love

"I hope the party wasn't too tiring for you."
"Considering how big you can go,I'm somewhat impressed by your self restraint on this one."Jamil said,ruffling Kalim's hair.

The Viper had come back that very morning and it,understandably,didn't take very long for Kalim to organize a party to welcome him back home.Though,he tried his best to keep it low-key.

The two were now sitting on Jamil's cot in Kalim's room.Something that Kalim was able to negotiate once he turned 18,with the argument that since he can now legally take the throne,the assassination attempts will only increase.So,having Jamil around was simply convenient.

"Aww,thanks.Anyway,may I ask you something?"
"What is it ?
"You came home a day early,why's that?"
"You almost sound like you're unhappy about it."Jamil joked.

Kalim poked his nose in response.

"Keep dreaming,love."
"Right.Well,I began to wonder what I was gonna do after this.After all,I spent my entire life wanting to travel.And it stumped me for a long while..until you called me.Then I realized I might've found something that I want just as much."he said ,gaze on the floor,but intertwining their hands.

"And what's that?"
"Marrying you."

Kalim leaned back,eyes widening.He shifted a bit,his hold on Jamil's hand slipping.

"I honestly can't imagine anything that I'd enjoy more than waking up by your side every morning,a better sight to enjoy than your smile.So.."the Viper said looking up,putting his free hand in his pocket,pulling out a ring.
"Kalim Al Asim,my love,my ruby,will you make me the happiest man in this entire country and marry me?"

There was a silent beat,Kalim's hand on his mouth,eyes rimmed with tears.Before a single doubt could enter Jamil's mind though,Kalim nodded.

"Yes."he said,despite the tears now streaming down his face.

He wiped his eyes,taking the ring from Jamil's hand and sliding it onto his finger.
Jamil chuckled and pulled him close.They're engaged.They were going to be married.In secret,perhaps,but Jamil didn't care.He laughed,hugging Kalim even tighter and kissing him on the forehead,nose,cheeks,chin,jaw and earlobe.

"Say it again?"Jamil pleaded.
"Yes,yes,yes,ye-Mhh."the heir began,being cut off by the Viper's lips against his.Jamil smiled into it,his hand settling on his now fiancée's cheek.Kalim hummed,fingers intertwining into Jamil's hair.The two separated,noses nuzzling against one another.

"I love you."
"Love you too.Though..I wanted to propose first."Kalim whined.

Jamil smirked,hand slipping from Kalim's cheek to the heir's waist.

"Oh,I'm sure I can make it up to you."the Viper said,pinning Kalim onto the bed.

-

That very same night,Jamil encountered some criticism about the engagement.Not from his parents,but from his past life.Shortly after the possession happened,the vizier had settled into Jamil's subconscious,so the moment the Viper fell asleep he ended up in a giant throne room,windows looking out into the desert,a bunch of pillows and..Well the wine was new.

Before Jamil could even open his mouth,a bottle flew at his head.He dodged ,hearing it shatter just a bit behind him.

"Oh relax."
"Relax!?Realax!?You proposed to a descendant of my worst enemies!And you're telling me to relax!?"
"You knew this was coming.You saw me buy the ring."
"You could've still backed out.."Jafar grumbled.
"I love him.You have to learn to accept that.At least I didn't make out with a child."
"You weren't there.You should've seen what she was wearing!"
"Oh yeah,the teenager was coming onto you,the 40 year old man.Sure,sure,sure.."