THE DATE

Your fingers entwined,
slowly with mine,
and suddenly,
life made sense

CHAPTER FIVEMAISIE

CHAPTER FIVE
MAISIE

My eyes widen. "A date?" I stutter, especially when I get nervous. It's a habit I picked up over the years and I haven't been able to break it.

His eyes light up, looking over me with darkness in his eyes. "Yes."

I can feel my breathing start to get heavier. His breathing does too. "A date, date?"

I can see the confusion on his face in the way he furrows his brows and bites the inside of his cheek. "Yeah..." he trails off.

"Like a romantic date," I can feel my cheeks start to burn and my stomach gets all tingly.

"Maisie. I really, really, really like you," I let out a small gasp. I almost can't contain my excitement. "Yes, a romantic date, date. Wherever you want to go, I'll take you," he chuckles, smiling wide.

"You like me?" my cheeks burn brighter and I can feel the tingliness start to spread and give me goosebumps. I shiver.

"I do, princess," I almost melt at the word. Princess... Princess Montgomery. I think it suits me. But... why would he like me? I furrow my brows, looking at my hands.

"What's wrong?" he grabs my chin with his two fingers, lifting my face up so I have to look at him.

"Why do you like me?" I sound out the word 'me' more than any other.

He removes his hand from my chin, gripping my hands. He tugs forward and I lean into him, breathing in his scent. He smelled like vanilla, oddly enough.

"Maisie," he says my name. I almost faint. "You are so beautiful and so, so kind," tears start to prick in my eyes.

"When I'm with you I feel okay. Without you..." he trails off, looking down at his hands. "Without you, I just feel so lost."

Those were the words that sent me off the edge and into the deep end. My lip starts quivering and I can't stop it. He looks up, noticing that I'm about to cry. Why do I have to be so emotional all the time?

He pulls me in. I can feel his muscles shift as he wraps his arms around me. He was really soft. And really hot. Not like beautiful hot- well yeah. My cheeks heat more. But, he's really warm. Like a furnace to keep me warm in the winter.

"Where do you wanna go, princess," he mumbles into my neck. I can feel the vibrations against my skin, sending volts of electricity up and down my body.

I have a think about it, going through a list of my favourite take-out places. I think tonight should be cosy, a little movie night if you will.

"Sushi?" I look at him, expecting a weird response. But, none came. Odd, they usually all screw their faces up.