Chapter I

Alexis' POV
~~~~~~~~

As Donnie brought the needle closer to my arm, I began to freak out completely. I couldn't do it. As the needle barely touched my skin, I panicked.

"Donnie, I can't do it!" I said quickly. He stopped and looked at me.

"What?" He asked, clearly confused. "You just said-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know what I said." I sighed. "I just need some time to think."

"Okay." He said, putting down the syringe. "I understand."

"Thank you." I sighed and walked out. Raph looked at me.

"Is it done?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No.." I said at a low voice, almost a whisper. "I couldn't." I brushed passed him as I ran to exit the lair. I found the nearest manhole and emerged. I ran for the nearest alley in which to hide. I slid down the wall and cried into my knees. I didn't want to be a mutant. I wanted to stay human.

.....

"Lex..." I heard Raph say in a low voice. Shit.. I thought. I stood up and ran the opposite way out of the alley. I climbed up the nearest fire escape. I got weak and tired from climbing and decided to sit on a random apartment's fire escape. I heard the door open and saw the occupant come out.

"Who the hell are you?!" she yelled. "Get off'a my fire escape before I kick ya off!" I stood up and put my hands together, physically begging.

"Miss, please." I sobbed slightly. "My ex boyfriend is looking for me to beat me and I need to hide!" she squinted at me.

"Alright, fine." she grumbled. I smiled and shook her hand.

"Oh, thank you!" I praised her. "Thank you so much!"

"Yeeaah, yeah!" she said. "Now get in before I change my mind, young woman." I nodded and rushed inside. She followed. She went back into her bedroom and kinda slammed the door. I sighed in relief. I saw Raphael starting to climb up the fire escape so I hid behind the couch and covered myself with a blanket. After about 3 minutes I peeked out from behind. I sighed again and stood up. I sat on the couch and took out my iPod and turned on my music. This is gonna be harder than I thought...