Chapter 2

After about 3 hours chilling in some random woman's apartment, I finally left the same way I arrived. I made my way up to the roof and stared off into the New York sunset. This is a rarity, and it is just so damn beautiful. I took out my phone to see that Raph had tried calling me 24 times. I gripped my phone and sighed. I threw it off the roof and waited for the sound of it hitting the ground below and breaking into pieces. When I heard it, I sat on the edge and overlooked the city. I didn't know why I felt the way I felt. I didn't want to change who I was just to save a silly relationship. Yes, I love Raphael more than anything else in this God forsaken world... but if he can't love me for who I am, I don't want him in my life any longer. With a sigh, I stood and climbed down from the rooftop. I snuck, because I knew he was looking for me, to the nearest payphone. I didn't want him to see me and I didn't want to see him, so a phone call would be easier for both of us. I dialed his number and waited as it rang.

Ring... Ring... Ring... "Alexis!" He said in a panic. I took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Raphael.." I said quietly.

"Baby, what's wrong?! Are you hurt?" He asked frantically. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm fine, but-" he cut me off.

"Where are you?!" He demanded.
"Raphael, I need to tell you something." I told him, ignoring his question of my whereabouts. "We need to break up." He was silent for a minute. I thought he had hung up on more until he finally spoke again.

"W-what?" He stuttered. "Why?!"

"We're too different." I lied... kind of. "We weren't meant for each other."

"Bullshit!" He yelled. "Who is he?!" He was angry by now.

"Raphael, there's nobody else!" I yelled at him. "I just dont want to be with you anymore!"

"Fine." He said, his tone cold and cruel. "If that's how it is, I don't ever want to see your horrible face again. I hate you." Those were his last words to me before he hung up. I slid down beside the phone and sobbed into my knees. His words cut me deeper than any razor could and hurt me worse than any bullet would. Just then I heard footsteps approach me and I looked up. God damn it. Before I could speak, I felt a blunt object hit my head at full force and everything went black.