chapter 1

The beginning 

I had just gotten off from work, walking down the alley I always took , seeing the grabbing bins toppled over with trash , boxes were strewn about the walkway as the familiar scent of rotting garbage an mildew hit my nostrils , as I kept walking I hit the corner and took a left , leading out of the ally. The familiar old complex I called home came into view.

As I made my way towards the old building, I couldn't help but notice my landlord near the steps of the building , walking up to the older man to see what he was doing. I began to speak.

" Hey Jason what the hell are you doing out so late in the day" I said

The older man seemed startled by my presence as he began to get over his initial shock he began to speak.

" Language (y,n) "

"Heh sorry dude didn't mean to scare you…. So what are you doing"

Jason gave you a Stern look before speaking.

" Well if you must now am fixing the ac unit in the complex so , we can have it fixed before summer comes around again "

" Oh… well that's cool…totally forgot that it's been broken for awhile… "

There  was an awkward silence between the two of you. You never really knew how to keep or carry a conversation properly with other due not understanding other emotions or social cues sometimes. You were about to say something but Jason beat you to it.

" So how's the new job and school going for you if don't mind me asking "

You stood there for a moment thinking how to answer carefully, you didn't really like talking about work or school life that much but decided to answer anyway.

"Am doing well in school and…." you paused for a moment and thought for a moment about how work was going for, so far it was not the best. The boss sucked , the workload was overwhelming and they just didn't treat people with decent respect , but it paid well though.

"Work could be better….you now. But it pays the bills at the end of day you know dude."

Jason gave a curt nod before responding.

" That's great, good to see you doing well for yourself and getting back on your feet."

I gave a nod and grinded at the older man , matter how you acted around the man he always seemed to check up on you to see how you were doing or how you were feeling no matter how busy he was.

" Well it was nice talking to you, it's getting dark out and I think we both should start heading inside man."

 Jason had looked at the now darkening sky, confronting that it was indeed getting dark out.

" I guess we should be heading inside now shouldn't we. " 

" Yeah we should."

As you both got up from the steps heading for the door, Jason grabbed the door handle and held it open for you, walking in you could feel the cool air hit you the familiar smell of old pine wood hitting your nostrils, Jason and I head towards the elevator at the end of the hall, as we reach the the elevator. Jason began to speak.

" Hey if you're not doing anything tonight me and the Miss are going to have dinner and watch the new super league match,it's iron tank vs supa strikas. So do you want to join?"

You thought for a moment before giving your answers.

"Sure I'd like that, I don't have anything else to do so why not ! "

" So it's settled that you're coming over to watch the game and have dinner with us!"

"Yep might as well , I don't have school in the morning and off from work, so all come over and hang with you guys and watch the game."

As your conversation continued the elevator had stopped at Jason floor, you both got off an head towards Jason place to have fun and relax for night, until tomorrow morning to start a new day for a new beginning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for how late this was am doing an lot of editing an rewrites  on some of my chapters. I would like feedback on the story so don't be afraid to leave a comment on how I could approve my writing.