chapter 2

Game time

When you came home from hanging out with Jason and his wife watching the game, you expected to spend the rest of your night lounging around the apartment, scrolling through your phone , or talking to friends. When you entered your home it was quiet, phone in clutch as you giggled at something your friends sent in the group chat. You strolled past the living room making your way to your bedroom , you heard a loud cough , making you lift your head as you caught sight of your father sitting in his recliner . He had a magazine in hand as he laid back making you raise a brow questionable at his actions.

"Dad ? " He lowered it , a tired grin gracing his face, " you're in late tonight" he questioned. Stepping into the living room you laid on the coach opposite of your father's recliner. " Yeah I know, Jason, the landlord asked if I wanted to hang out and watch the new supa league game" you replied as you shoved your face into one of the couch pillows. Your father gave a hume in response " well that's good, am just glad you're home safe" he replied

The living room was quiet. All that could be heard was the quiet noise playing from the TV as you both sat in silence watching for a few minutes before you spoke again."so… the school called" he began, groaning at what was about to be said next you buried your face deeper into the couch pillow, you waved your hand urging him to continue. "Your failing math and other subjects." You had groaned even louder at this , it wasn't your fault that you were failing it was the subject itself that was failing you. Lifting your head up from the pillow you noticed your father had gotten up and walked over to the couch sitting down , your Father waited silently for your response.

You thought you could get yourself out of the current predicament , but there was none. " it's not my fault…."  You spat " it's just I've been busy and the subjects are hard … I I don't know okay."
Pushing yourself up to get away from the now souring mood that overtook you , looking out the Conner of your eye you could see the unfazed face of your father as you retreated into your room.

Sitting in the quiet of the living room , watching your frame retreat into the dark hallway towards your room , sat your father sighing in disappointment before turning off the TV , turning in for the night.

—-------

The soft , warm rays shine into your bedroom. The loud commotion of the busy street was drowned out by the even louder buzzing from your phone, groaning as you begin the long struggle to locate the even louder buzzing phone from your bed, "where the hell is it!" You screamed, before feeling around the blankets. finally having it in your clutches , turning off the alarm and opening up your phone to see what time it was.

Sitting up you scrolled through the group chat you and your friends had seeing what you had missed in absent while you were sleeping . Raising a brow at the onset chaos between skarra and shakes, you respond to the onslaught of insults and bickering between you there. Before you went to get ready for your. Interview for the internship for the summer.

Getting up , I made my way to the the bathroom, before cooking a small breakfast . Heading out the apartment I passed Jason and waved. Running down the street I made my way to the old soccer field to watch my friends practice for the upcoming game this week. Before heading down the road to the field.