𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑜 - 𝐶𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑏𝑒𝑠

I wake up to the loud ringtone of my phone. I sit up on the bed and try to rub some sleep out of my eyes. I reach out my hand to the nightstand next to my bed, grab my phone and pick up the call.

It's a conference call from Elena and Bonnie. I look at the time. 6:30 AM. What the hell? that's so early. "Hey" I say to them in a raspy voice. "Why would you two call me this early?" I sigh and fall back down on my bed.

"It's the first day of senior year!" Bonnie says in an excited tone. The tone brings a small smile to my lips. "I know right?! I couldn't sleep all night." Elena squeals with excitement.

I have no idea how they're so energetic at 6:30 in the morning but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't as excited for the first day of school. It was our last year of high school after all. "So you woke me up at 6:30 in the morning for that?" I say. "Oh come on we know you are just as excited!" Bonnie says, I hear Elena chuckle.

We talk for a few more minutes then end the call. My alarm clock starts to ring loudly. I wince at the sudden noise. I look at it. 7:00 AM. Well, it's kinda useless now since I was already awake.

I get out of my bed and get into the shower. I step back into my room after a few minutes and get dressed. I pick a simple black crop top and white jeans. I choose black heels to compliment my outfit.

I pick up my backpack from the desk and exit my room. I run down the stairs. I enter the kitchen where I find mom cooking breakfast. I take a seat on the counter.

When she sees me she smiles and then says "Good morning, Caroline!" She's practically beaming. She takes a good look at me then says "My baby's all grown up. Look at you getting ready for the first day of senior year!" I laugh at that.

She serves me a plate of delicious looking pancakes and syrup.

I quickly finish my breakfast then hug my mom goodbye. I walk up to the front door. Feeling ready for anything today was going to throw at me, I smile and open the door to step outside.

After walking for a few minutes I reach the entrance of Mystic Falls High School where I see Elena and Bonnie talking to each other, leaning against the wall. Elena's eyes meet mine and she calls out my name. Bonnie turns around and smiles.

I rush to them and wrap them both in a tight hug. I couldn't really see either of them during the summer. "I missed you guys. So much." I say. "I missed you too but please don't choke me to death." Bonnie says dramatically. "I think you cracked a bone." Elena adds. I laugh and let go of them.

All of us smile at each other and walk inside the building. I stop in the hallway and pull out my schedule for the day from my backpack. I quickly scan my eyes over it looking for my first class. Biology. I guess it's not that bad. "I've got Bio." Bonnie says. "Ditto." I reply.

Elena looks at her schedule and sighs. "I've got History." She let's out a noise of protest. "I hate History." Bonnie and I laugh at the face Elena just made. A few moments later all of us start walking towards our respective classes.

Half of the day went by in a breeze. I'm actually kinda enjoying this day. I walk into the cafeteria for lunch. I take my plate of food and then I hear someone calling my name. I turn around to see who it was.

It was Tyler, he was sitting at a table with Elena, Bonnie and Matt. He motions his hand for me to join them at the table. I walk up to them, quickly greeting all of them and take a seat next to Bonnie.

All of us start a casual conversation. The day was passing by smoothly, but then I hear a few kids shouting loudly nearby. All of us turn around to look at the direction where the sound came from.

It was a group of 4 boys. They were bullying a kid. Kicking him, punching him. "Poor kid." Matt says. "Poor kid? That's all you have to say?! We have to help him!" I say to him. "It's the first day of school, Care. I don't want any trouble." He says coolly. That makes me angry. "Well, I on the other hand am gonna do something!"

I stand up and rush towards the kid before Bonnie and Elena could protest. "Hey!" I shout loudly. All 4 of the bullies turn to look at me. "Back the hell off!" I say with anger laced in my voice.

One of the kids looks at me and smirks. He brings one of his hands up to his chin and makes a face to show as if he is thinking. He turns to look at me and then says "How about, no?". I open my mouth to respond but before I could say something I hear someone behind me say "It would be best if you listen to her."

I turn around to see who it was. It was a boy. Wavy brown hair. Green eyes which remind me of a rain forest. There was something about him. Something I didn't know yet but I hope that changes in the near future.