𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 - 𝑆𝑡𝑒𝑓𝑎𝑛 𝑆𝑎𝑙𝑣𝑎𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑒

"It would be best if you listen to her." I stand from my seat and say to the bully. He turns his attention towards me, the smirk still plastered across his face.

"Aww how sweet y'all! Looks like the boyfriend came to rescue this bitch!" He turns towards his friends and they all start laughing. While they're all busy in their own world, I notice that there are only 3 of them. Then I feel something behind. A movement. He tries to hit me at the back of my head with something which I catch in a second, my vampire reflexes kicking in.

I look down at my hand to see what I'm holding. It's an empty food tray. I break it in half and throw it to the floor. The guy behind me rushes at me trying to hit me. I move out of his way, much to his annoyance. He groans in frustration. I smirk a little.

"Man, aren't you annoying?" His face scrunches up in anger. "Fine. That's how you wanna play? Let's play." He rushes towards the girl who stood up to the bullies earlier. I get to her before him, standing protectively in front of her.

I'm so close to her that I hear her heart beat a little faster. I take a hold of the bully's fist just as it was about to hit me. I clench it so hard that my knuckles turn white. I'm careful as to not use my vampire strength. The bully writhes in pain in front of me.

I let go of his wrist when I hear a crack. His face floods with horror. He screams at the top of his lungs as the pain kicks in. He takes a step back to look at me and then takes off running, his friends following him close behind.

I turn to find the girl kneeling on the floor next to the beaten up boy. She helps him up to his feet. A boy from the other end of the cafeteria comes up next to him. He wraps an arm around his shoulder to support him. "I'll take him to the nurse's office." Soon they're on their way.

I turn back to my table and take a step forward when a voice stops me. "Thankyou." It's the girl again. I smile a little. "There's no need to thank me. It was the right thing to do." She smiles and extends her hand forward "I'm Caroline Forbes." I shake her hand. "Stefan Salvatore." "Are you new here? I don't think I've seen you here before, 'cause trust me I would've remembered your face."

I chuckle. "Yeah, I'm new here. And I don't think I would've forgotten your face too." She blushes a little bit. "Why don't I introduce you to my friends? You could use a few of those if you want to survive in this hellhole." "I would love that." I reply with a grin.

She leads me towards the table where her friends are sitting at. There were 4 people sitting there, 2 boys and 2 girls. The girls were facing the direction opposite of me so I couldn't see their faces.

We stop when we reach them. Caroline introduces me to her friends one by one. I came to know their names were Tyler, Matt and Bonnie. Then I turn to the last person sitting at the table the brunette girl.

My heart skips a beat and I turn pale when I see her. "This is one of my best friends-" She doesn't get to finish her sentence as my mouth opens on it own "Katherine?" No, it can't be. "Uh, no? I'm Elena Gilbert." She says looking a little bit confused. "I'm sorry, you just look like someone I used to know."

I turn to Caroline, a little out of breath "It was really nice meeting you. I have to leave now but I hope we'll meet again soon." "Oh, sure. I hope so too." I turn to the cafeteria's exit and leave as fast as possible. I rush out of the school building to get some fresh air. I try to control my breathing.

As soon as I saw Caroline's friend Elena, All the memories of Katherine came rushing in. It was overwhelming. I couldn't stay there one second longer. I hate that Katherine still has that kind of effect on me.

I sit outside far away from the students for a few moments composing myself. I hear the school bell ring, marking the end of the lunch break. I pick up my backpack and sling it over my shoulder and head back to the school for the rest my classes, trying my best to shut down all thoughts about Katherine.