Crush Confessions

It was a beautiful sunny day, and the coffee shop was bustling with people. Every seat was occupied, and he struggled to find a place to sit. Finally, he spotted a lone table, occupied by a young woman with earphones in her ears. He approached her, hoping to secure a seat.

"Hello, if you don't mind, can I sit here?" he asked, feeling shy.

She looked up, surprised by his sudden presence. "Uh, yeah, okay," she said, slightly hesitant.

"Thanks," he said, settling into the seat across from her. "It's almost full in here, and your table was the only space."

She nodded but didn't seem particularly interested in conversation. He sensed that she was not in the mood to chat but decided to take a chance.

"Actually, I want to confess something to you. If you don't mind?" he said, hoping to start a conversation.

She smiled and nodded her head, intrigued by his sudden boldness.

"You're my crush from school," he said, blushing slightly. "We went to the same school. I know you since the day you walked into the canteen with two ponytails and a handkerchief pinned on your upper pocket with your initials. You looked cute, and it took my heart away. All I wished is if I will ever be able to date you!"

She removed her earphones and looked at him with surprise. "Sorry, you were saying something?"

He chuckled nervously, "No, no, nothing. Just being me," he said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Cool," she said, putting her earphones back on. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

"Well, it depends," he said. "Do you know me? I don't think so. Do I know you? Yes, we studied at the same school."

"Omg! Yes, yes, I remember you," she said, suddenly realizing who he was. "That guy."

"That guy? What do you mean by 'that guy?'" he asked, feeling confused.

"You know, there were rumors about you, the lover boy," she said, teasing him.

He shook his head in disbelief. "Wait, what lover boy? Seriously, and what was the rumor, actually?"

"You know, like the tag 'lover boy.' I don't know the details, just heard once or twice that you loved someone from the school and blah blah stuff," she said, shrugging her shoulders.

He laughed. "Haha, really? You're kidding me, right?"

"No, seriously, that's all I heard," she said, smiling.

"Well, anyways, as I said, those were just rumors," he said, trying to downplay the situation.

"Maybe, maybe not," she said, looking at him with a twinkle in her eye.

"Oh, so it's true?" he asked, feeling embarrassed but also curious.

"Aha, lucky girl... So, still crushing, or started dating her?" she asked, teasing him.

He hesitated for a moment before saying, "Well, the thing is..."

Suddenly, her phone rang, interrupting him. "Hey, gotta go. Will catch you later around. Seeya," she said, getting up and grabbing her things.

He smiled and watched her leave, feeling both happy and disappointed. He couldn't wait to see her again.

#romance, #drama, #tragedy, #love, #heartbreak, #redemption