Special Chapter - Birthday

Because the explosive boy's birthday is today. Will take place much further into the future of this fic, and sorta inspired by this reel: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrJiJexvQPO/?igshid=MTIyMzRjYmRlZg==

Uhm..minor angst? yeah i think that's it. Happy reading!

========================================================================

You wake up to an empty room, suitcases by the door, walls stripped of any and all decorations. Your outfit is laid out on the cleared out desk, the rest of your clothing packed away. The faint feeling of dread settles itself into your stomach, even though you know you won't be leaving Japan until later tonight.

You already knew you wouldn't be in Japan forever, that the half-year agreement with your school and parents was all you had until your parents chose to send you back or keep you back home in the Netherlands, but you couldn't help but feel cheated. You had all these great memories with the class, amazing peers that you couldn't bear to leave. You wouldn't be able to see your brother for at least the whole summer, maybe for another 3 years if you had to stay back home. You could only hope that your parents decided before August, when school started back in Holland.

The second year had technically already started here in Japan, as it was April, but you've been out of classes since your year was technically over. Tonight, your classmates would be celebrating a goodbye party as you went back across the globe, probably never able to see them ever again.

But you couldn't think that negative tonight. You decided to keep your spirits high as to not feel like it was goodbye forever. You change out of your pajamas and pack them into your suitcase, looking over the desolate room, disappointed. There were tape remains on the walls of the room, the bed freshly made still carried your scent. Faint scrapes on the floor indicated the movement of furniture, your name inscribed underneath your desk left untouched.

It truly felt like you might be gone for forever. A familliar rapt at the door echoed through the room, along with the waft of faint caramel. You didn't need to turn around to know it was the time-bomb at your door.

"Hey dumbass, it's breakfast. The hell is taking you so lon-" Bakugou's voice catches as he enters your room, looking over the sheer emptiness of it all. You turn around to see your neighbor hold an expression of faint sadness, hidden under a mass amount of resolve. "Shit...I know you're leaving today but....it didn't really sink in until now."

"You're telling me," you answer with a sigh. "I thought I was sad to leave Holland, but now I'm even more upset to leave Japan. I can't win in a situation like this."

A silence blankets the room, almost suffocating, like a good bye for forever. You shake off the thoughts of never seeing your friends again and shoot Bakugou a strained smile. "Breakfast, right? We should head down, then. Only so many hours in a day."

----------------------------------------------------

Mina and Sero are crying as they bring some of your boxes to the front foyer of the, and Kirishima's been consoling Kaminari since last night. That was the scene in front of you this morning, with Kaminari wailing with Mina about how they'll miss using your room as a hiding space.

"I can't believe you're being forced to leave us!" the blonde cries, his tears soaking the shoulder of Kirishima. "Who's going to make me dutch food or let me hide in their room now?!"

"Oh c'mon Kaminari, I already taught you all the recipes! Also I'm very sure I told you to stay out of my room..multiple times."

"Oh please you don't leave us Kansei," begs Sero, sniffling.

"Yeah Y/N! We're never going to see you again? Ever? That's torture!" Mina joins in.

"Guys please, I'm not even leaving until tonight! You have all day with me!"