Chapter Three

Lost

"Well, welcome to Reed Island." The boat driver welcomed Leon as there was no one else to do so at the docs. He watched Leon acknowledge his welcoming gesture, as he stood up and got off the boat. "Are you sure you'll be fine buddy?" The boat driver asked, wondering how insane this man was to be stranded out on this island alone. Especially after all the reports and rumors about this place.

Leon looked over at the driver, "I'll be alright, just make it back safely." The boat driver rose a brow before starting up the engine again, taking one last look at Leon.

Americans....

The driver thought, as he begun driving the boat away. Leaving Leon behind to his death, but if he survived this island. The boat driver would owe him a drink.
Though, he highly doubted Leon would survive, he's brought previous government workers here before, and returned to go pick them up. However, there was no there at the docs waiting to be picked up.

The island was a decent large land, with beach chairs thrown all of the place, a few palm trees broken. However, despite the disaster he was looking at, there were no dead bodies laying around. Of course there was dried up blood, but no trace of a human or biohazard creature. Leon found this strange, so he needed to stay highly alerted if he was going to search this island.

He noticed a short building that was taped up with the words 'keep out!' Printed all over it. So naturally, this is where Leon would begin his search. Pulling the tape off the fence as he went through the small hole that must of been created by a creature of some sort. Leon didn't bother to examine it though, he was going to eventually learn about it later. Assuming he does cross paths with whatever made that hole.

The doors were already broken down, one still hanging on to the hinges for dear life. Leon walked up the stairs as he entered the building, he wasn't shocked that the inside would be larger, seeing how there was an elevator in the middle of the building that lead down under the surface. Leon took a look around, making sure there wasn't anything lurking in the shadows, as he slowly approached the elevator.
Pressing the button to go down, shocked that the button actually lit up.

"Still works huh.." He commented, waiting for the elevator to make its way up. As soon as it did, Leon wasted no time in stepping inside. Staring at the panel, seeing it had multiple floors to pick from. Just where exactly would he begin to look?
Leon decided on the third floor, very specific choice instead of just going for the last floor. However, the last floor was 22. Did he really want to attempt going through all that trouble?!

Not that the third floor would be any better, it probably could be the worst choice he picked. There wasn't any clues of where he should look, so it didn't matter currently.

Once the elevator arrived to his destination, the doors slowly open to a view he was puzzled by. There was a large opening in the ceiling, revealing the outside world. Vines all tangled and running down. Though, the building was small on top, so maybe this lead to the back of the building? He took out his handgun, slowly observing the floor. But to his knowledge, nothing seemed to be here either.

However, there was someone here. Leon could feel either the presence of another person, or maybe it was a test subject. Leon spun around on his heel, quickly watching this familiar creature lunging towards him. However, it went flying over him completely. Leon was going to question that, but her heard a loud scream coming from the direction the familiar creature lunged to.

It was a licker, but something about them seemed genetically different. But he'd have to think about that later, someone needed a helping hand right now.

Leon rushed over to where the screaming was coming from, spotting the licker and a young woman laying on her back in fear.
She almost resembled Claire, but her eyes were brown. The licker had spike ripping out of its body, with a purple substance covering the tips. Coated with a toxin that was being created from the licker.

"Hey!" Leon shouted, getting the lickers attention before it could tear into the woman. Snapping it's neck towards him, as it leaped off of the woman and begun charing at Leon. Quickly, he crouched down just in time while it took another leap to tackle him. However, it failed due to him dodging and firing a few rounds at the underside of the licker.

Watching it crash to the floor, though the few rounds wasn't enough to fully take it out. Slowly pushing itself up, as it was gaining enough strength to make another lunge attack at Leon. Though, it was too slow to do so. Firing a few more rounds, was just enough to take out the licker. Watching its body fall to the ground.

Leon sighed, as he looked over to see the woman sitting there on the floor. Slowly approaching her as he knelt down to her level, "Miss, are you alright?" He asked, see her eyes peal away from the licker to him. She really did almost look like Claire, though she doesn't have blue eyes. "Uh...I think so?" She responded, a little confused of what was happening.
He looked her over, seeing cuts and scratches, but her feet were more torn up. Considering she wasn't wearing anything to protect them.

She seemed to have noticed he was scanning her over, as she quickly pulled her feet in. Trying to shield them with her hands, to hide them. "Don't worry about this." Though he didn't listen to her, as he already was pulling out some bandages from his bag. "It's not much, but it'll help prevent anymore injuries. Just until we can find something." Leon stared at her, waiting for consent to wrap the bandages around her feet.

"I can do it myself." She offered, handing her the bandages. "Do you have a name?" He asked, watching her slowly unravel the bandage roll. "I'm not sure who I am, I just remember falling out of this strange glass tank. I've been trying to find anything to help me remember who I am..." She rolled the bandage around her foot, as Leon listened to her story. "I'm taking you've been locked up here for awhile?" His brow rose up, Clementine finished wrapping both of her feet up in the bandages. "I- I think so? All the records I found, were dated a few years back. 2013 is the oldest file I found."

"For five years, that's how long you've been locked up down here?" She stared at him, assuming it has been that long. Considering she has know idea what year it is right now. "Come on, we shouldn't stay here too long." Holding his hand out, as there was hesitation within her.

"You haven't told me who you are, nor where exactly you're taking me?"

"Leon Kennedy, and I'm going to get you to the surface, where it's safe." Clementine wasn't fully sure about trusting him, but he did clearly seem like he could care less about who she was. "Alright, Mr. Kennedy."

"Leon, is just fine."

"I rather stick to Mr. Kennedy."
He sighed, as she took his hand. Pulling her onto her feet. "Alright, no name. Lets get you to the surface."

Though, nothing has ever been this simple im saving just one person.
Within the shadows, something was lurking around.