Three

Central Intelligence Agency, Langley Virginia

Laurette Hamilton marched along the seventh floor to the conference room. She stepped into the sterile room, and the brightness of the lights reflecting off the long, rectangular table immediately struck her. A short-haired woman with dark locks cascading down her back sat near Michael Holliday at the surrounding table as the director surveyed the area. Shivani Sharma, the director of national intelligence, sat across from two individuals, one woman, and one man. The woman was Christine Alexander, assistant deputy director of operations. Besides her, Liam Carter, assistant deputy director of Sad, sat. Once she had taken her seat, they began.

Shivani stopped reading Fox's file to contemplate. She looked up from the papers she had in her hands, and said to the room, "Did we make the right call when we recruited Fox from the Special Activities division to conduct a solo mission in Ukraine for the Night Drop program? "

"Of course we did." Fox was the right choice for the solo mission. "We needed someone with his skills and understanding of Russian oligarchs," Holiday replied.

Could you provide me with more information on this Night drop and why I know nothing about it? "After all, I'm the assistant deputy director of operations," Christine snapped.

This is an unofficial, secretive Black Box program that only myself, Holiday, the Director of National Intelligence, and the President know about. "Because it's an off-the-books Black Box program that only me, Holiday, the DNI, and the President know about." "Plus, Holiday's the one who runs it and handles Night Drop agents," the director explained to the DDO, Christine Alexander.

"Fox was one of our best paramilitary officers in Sad, and he's done a lot of missions for us." Fox was one of our top paramilitary officers during his time in Iraq. He has an impressive history of completing successful missions for us, so we know he can take care of himself. I've seen plenty of operators who couldn't handle our training. But Fox came through without a scratch," Sad's assistant deputy director told the room.

"Is there any way you could go into more detail about his purpose for performing the Night Drop in Ukraine? Christine inquired.

"He gave Ukrainian snipers the chance to study under him, providing them with the teaching they required to become skilled in their marksmanship. This is the maximum amount of knowledge I can provide you with.

Laurette rubbed her chin, knowing the DDO would not believe what they just said. There was no way to be certain that she wasn't on Ivano's payroll, so they had to take extreme precautions.be careful. And with the European Union sending cash for special operations and. Nato. There was more at risk.

"Why hasn't your agent made contact yet? Maybe he got off the grid," the deputy director of operations replied authoritatively.

Fox wouldn't go away unnoticed. He had warned him earlier to return to the safe house if anything happened. He instructed him earlier to return to the safe house if something got awry. His mastery of the spy game told him that the Russians had likely planted listening devices in the United States Embassy in Moscow and Kyiv. Fox was being especially vigilant, cautiously peering around for potential danger. The Russians rushed all their resources to new positions. He wasn't sure what Fox would do.

"Listen, I know Fox will contact me when he is ready," Holiday told the deputy director of operations.

In a worst-case situation, he betrayed us and took the SVR. "I propose that we eliminate him before he causes any more harm," Christine said.

He needed to devise a strategy quickly. Fox was Night Drop's fresh agent, and the spymaster did not intend to lose his agent. Holiday sprang up from his seat. This was going nowhere fast. He interacted with The DDO before joining them as an operations officer. It almost cost him his life.

He motioned for Laurette to approach him and stated, "I'm not going to allow the DDO to have my agent killed because she feels she's turned on us," the spymaster remarked.

"Relax, Holiday, he's not going to be killed by us, I guarantee you, I'm with you remember?" But what are you going to do?" The question was posed by the director.

Holiday paused for a moment. Red and Jennings were the primary operators in Russia at the moment. That had to work, it had to. The operation in Ukraine could not be canceled. He had meticulously arranged everything. As he walked out of the meeting room, the spymaster went into his jacket pocket, took out his encrypted burner, and entered Red's number.

Russia, Moscow

Undisclosed secure location safe residence

Eric strode over to where his burner was buzzing, grabbed it before speaking, and answered it before speaking.

"Red."

"I need you and Jennings to get to Fox as soon as possible before DDO Alexander dispatches a death team to eliminate him," the spymaster said to Red.

"Why would she do that?" Eric said, his voice full of curiosity.

"Because she fears he could turn on us," Holiday expressed concern.

This is an extraction. "Then where is Fox?" The assassin/sniper enquired.

"That is the issue. We don't know. "He may be in Kyiv or Russia," Holiday explained.

"It shouldn't be too difficult for us to find him," Red said, deciding what to do."

Holiday broke off the conversation. The sound of the burner phone clicking off echoed in the room. The spymaster had put a lot of effort and resources into the mission To a certain extent, it felt like. Cold War brinkmanship was back with nuclear options. After putting his phone back in his pocket, he decided to remain one step ahead of Ivano and The GRU. Holiday was not aware of the Russian-Ukrainian oligarch asset in the White House.

As DDO and Shivani Sharma, the director of national intelligence, left the conference, Shivani noticed the spymaster's face had a stern look. He nodded in acknowledgment. Shivani knew about Holiday and Night Drop and supported them. Even though Christine believed Fox had turned, she knew that was untrue.