Chapter 2.

Aria,- Tuesday, 9:10 am

Aria,
- Tuesday, 9:10 am

Aria sat on her bed reading a book, Penny knocked on the door, "Come in" Aria said as she placed her book on her bed, Penny walked in, "Hey, Aria we're going to the park, do you want to join?" Penny said as she stood by the door, "Yeah, sure I'll get dressed and come" Aria said as she got out of bed, "Alright!" Penny said as she smiled before leaving Aria's room.

Aria went to the bathroom washed her face and got dressed, she got out of the bathroom and walked in front of the mirror, she brushed her hair and put on lip gloss, she grabbed her Air pods and plugged it in her ear, she grabbed her phone and wallet.

Aria made her to the front door, she heard Penny and Sophie talking to someone at the front door, she saw Leon standing there talking to them, "Good morning sleepy head" Sophie said as she headed her way towards her to hug her, "good morning" Aria said as she watched her approach her, Sophie hugged Aria gently, Aria placed her right hand on her back gently.

Leon looked at Aria smiling, "Don't you have work today?" Aria said as she held on to her phone, "No, I have work at night" Leon sighed, "Really? Okay." Aria shoved her hair behind her ear, "you're welcome to stop by" Leon smiled again.

They sat at the park, Leon offered to drive them there, and they all had a picnic, Sophie made strawberry cake, Leon made coffee, and Penny made doughnuts. We all sat down together chatting. Aria's phone rang, she grabbed it and saw who, it was an unknown number, "Hey guys, I'll be right back" she said as she stood up going far away from them.

She sat on a bench staring at her phone wondering who that is, she was afraid to respond. She called her mother and waited, her mother didn't respond, she sighed, she texted her mother, she had no friends, she bit her bottom lip nervously, she felt scared, her phone rang again, it was the unknown number again, she tapped on her airpod to turn it on, and she answered the call this time.

"Who is this?" Aria said with a low voice, "It's me." He answered, "Max?" she said confused, "Yeah, Max." he said, "Max, I told you-", "I know, but you cannot leave me.", "Max, I-", "Aria, I love you, Aria you're mine", "but we're-", "I cannot leave you, Aria.", "Max let me-", "Aria, we're meant for each other", "Would you just let me speak for a second? Holy fuck." She raised her voice a bit, "Aria-", "Enough, enough with the lies, I'm sick of you abusing me, Max." Aria teared up.

She sat there for a few minutes trying to process what happened, Leon walked towards her, "Aria? Hey, hey why are you crying?" he said as he held her cheek, Aria stayed silent as her tears ran down her cheek, everything was heavy on her, Aria stood up and walked away crying, "hey Aria-" he ran behind her.

He hugged her as she cried, she was scared, "Leon, I'm scared" Aria held the back of his shirt tightly, "Aria, I'm here you're not alone." He held her close to him, stayed quiet, and didn't say anything, Aria cried on his chest for a while. Finally, she let go of him, she stood in front of him facing down.

Leon held her chin lifting it up, Arias's eyes were teary, and her nose was red. "Aria..." he whispered as he wiped her tears, "what's wrong?" Leon's voice was low he sounded worried, "Nothing." She said looking at him, she didn't react he knew she was still upset.

Aria and Leon went back to their friends, "Oh my god, what took you guys so long?" Penny said as she sipped her coffee, "Oh nothing, Aria needed help with fixing her phone." Leon said as he reached out to grab a cup of water, Penny looked at Aria, "Are you okay, Ari?" Penny said as she looked at her sad, she nodded and she smiled a little.

Leon and Aria went back to Leon's café, she went into the bathroom and washed her face, she took a deep breath in and out and got out of the bathroom, "Hey, do you feel better? do you need anything?" Leon said as he approached her, "yeah, I feel better" Aria said as she smiled, "Are you sure?" he sounded worried, "yeah, do you...work here alone? Leon?" she asked as she pulled her phone out, "yeah, my boss gives us shifts you know?", "I see, well I want to help you serve coffee."

Leon handed her the apron and a cap, she wore them, and she wore a mask and gloves. She got out and walked towards Leon, Leon smiled as he saw her, "You look beautiful." He said as he turned around to set up the coffee machines, she blushed under the mask, "Thank you."

Leon showed Aria how to prepare the coffee, she felt happy the whole time, she felt safe around Leon, and she liked his personality, "Okay, thank you" she said as she smiled under the mask, Aria helped Leon remind her of her mother. She loved helping her.

Aria's phone started ringing, it was on the counter she was away from her phone, Leon saw it he smiled, "Aria your phone is ringing" he said as he prepared a cup of latte, Aria plugged her air pods in her ear and tapped it to respond to the call, Aria talked to her mother while she was working.

They were done working, Leon was closing the shop, and Aria stood in front of the door waiting for him, "Thank you for helping me out, Ari" he said as he approached her, Aria smiled she loved it when he called her "Ari", "of course" she smiled softly.

Leon took her home, Leon would not let her walk home alone, they stood in front of her apartment door, and she faced him, he looked at her and smiled, "have a great night, Leon" she said smiling, her cheeks are red, he gently pulled her into a hug, "you too" he whispered, she buried her face in his chest, She loved his hugs.

Sophie was preparing dinner for them, Penny was playing on her phone, Aria went to change her clothes, she charged her phone and her airpods, before leaving her room, she came out of her room she walked towards the kitchen, "Hey soph, need help?" Aria said as she approached her, "Yes please." Soph says as she chopped up carrots.

Penny stood up and came into the kitchen holding her phone, "mm, what is that smell?" Penny said as she grabbed a spoon, "Pen, do not even try to-" Sophie said before Penny takes a bite from the pasta Sophie made, Aria laughed, "Pennn!" Sophie groaned.

They sat together and ate dinner together, Sophie made pasta and soup, Aria made baked potatoes and garlic bread, and they all ate, laughed, and chatted, Aria loved the food, she felt like she was eating with her family, they finished eating dinner and cleaned up before they went to their rooms.

Aria sat on her bed smiling, she grabbed her phone and texted Leon, "Cats or dogs?", she closed her phone, grabbed her laptop, and watched a movie before going to sleep. She was happy, she loved her day.

~

End of chapter 2