Chapter 16 - Created Connections

A sudden turn. Jojo looked to the door. Book still in hand not daring to move further out of his seat.

"Pucci?"

"I wanted to talk with you. If that's alright?"

"Of course." Jojo began finding eagerness and delight having someone appreciate him again.

He offered Pucci the grand chair beside him. He took it. Hesitantly.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"I wanted to ask you. Um. Do you remember? Remember when you woke up again?"

Jojo took a moment to think. He could remember his past, Erina, Speedwagon, the mask. All of it but his most recent memories of being here, confined in such walls. It was slightly eluding him.

"I don't think so. That's funny."

"If I may, what was it like? To be in the void of death? Is there a heaven?" Pucci leaned in closer. More desperate for answers rather than making sure Jojo was alright discussing such things.

"I don't know. I was on the boat. I closed my eyes. It was like going to sleep. I opened them when-"

Jojo looked down at the book. Pucci still looking at him intently. Staring as Jojo tried to recall when his mind had come back to him.

"Was it when Dio saw my star birthmark? Or when he helped me read again? I don't remember anything before then."

They looked at each other. Pucci gradually returning to his seat. Calming his excitement and wonder.

"I'm sorry I'm not much help."

But Jojo's words were lost to Pucci as he only sat and thought. Pondering on Jojo's words.

"Is Dio awake?" Jojo muttered.

"Oh, no he's resting now. Sun being up and all that." He returned back to spiralling thoughts.

Jojo decided to wait. But how to spend the time? He didn't want to sit and read all day. But with barely anything else to do. And a whole library to explore...

"Before you go."

Jojo looked down at Pucci as he had risen from the comfy confines of the chair.

"Could you write it down for me? Your experience?"

"Sure." At least it was something to do.

---

Dio lay awake in his coffin. Lid open. The curtains being the only barrier to the sun's poisonous rays. He waited. For something. Jojo? To fall asleep?

The door closed to his room. Silence. He wanted to get up. But laying there, away from his actions was too enticing.

Did Jojo decide to wear those clothes? Did that kiss help him sleep? Of course, it did. Jojo slept through the night. Did he do the right thing? Was bringing Jojo back that good of an idea? He couldn't help but smile as his mind gave him reasons. Reasons that bringing Jojo back was one of the best things he's accomplished.

The way Jojo smiled. His voice. His stance. How gentle he held his hand.

Dio's breaths calmed. Sleep beckoning. Thinking of Jojo as it began to-

Bang!

Dio's eyes snapped open. The smile quickly fading as he bolted up right in his coffin and stared at the door.

And just beyond the door subtle voices spoke, muffled by thick wooden frames.

Dio opened the door. Too impatient and full of rage to listen to the muffles.