Chapter 19 - There Is A Heaven?

"You haven't seen a uh, strange looking man around here, have you? Asides from you of course. Maybe you can be a bit of use to me." Ice glared down at his feet.

Nukesaku looked eagerly up at him, eyes wide and only fixed on the fresh rat corpse Ice held above them.

"No, I haven't."

"Really?" Ice began moving the rat further away.

"Wait! Wait! I have seen some weird lookin' guy!"

"Where?"

"Near the. The. er-"

"5..."

"Near the entrance! With Pucci!"

"4..."

"And he was big. with weird stitches all over him."

"3..."

"And he had a star on his back! Blue hair. Green, no blue, no greeney blue eyes!

"2..."

"And he was with lord Dio!"

Ice stopped counting. lost in thought.

"Take me there."

"But don't you know how to-"

A kick in the stomach.

"1..."

"Ok, ok. I'll take you."

Nukesaku began hobbling off. Ice draining the rat dry before letting it plummet into Cream's void.

---

"Are you really going to go?" Jojo asked. He held the small brief case with ease for Pucci.

"I'm afraid so. It is my calling."

"You don't want us to take you to the airport?" Dio chimed in.

"No thank you my friends. I hope our paths cross again soon. You know where-"

"Yes, I know where they are Pucci. And. Thank you."

"It was nice to meet you. even if we didn't have the best time together." Jojo sighed. Saddened by Pucci's departure to America and yet hopeful. Glad.

The door opened. Jojo and Dio watched in silence, stood together. As Pucci looked back at them. Only smiles exchanged. As the door closed behind him.

Silence.

A gentle tug. Dio took Jojo by the hand as they left. Unease gently creeping back into his mind. Dio was unable to face Jojo. Or even anyone as they walked down the corridor. Dio's hand slowly slipping away from Jojo's. He stopped as their hands parted.

"Dio?"

"How did you feel? When you lost your father?" Dio refused to turn and face Jojo. "Have you ever felt like you'll never see someone again?"

"Even if you don't see Pucci again, you still remember him, don't you? I had to remember that with those I had lost-"

"I see."

"And I have felt like I'd never see someone again. I thought I'd never see- -see you again. After I threw you off the balcony." Jojo's words becoming subtle, fragile. refusing to even acknowledge such events so begrudgingly.

"What would you like to do? Jojo? Ice or fix your finger?"

Dio reached his back turned hand out, prompting Jojo to take it. Still unable to look back at him.

"I just want to make sure you are ok." Jojo took Dio's hand.

"I'm in a good mood. I think Ice needs a good talking too. We've held this off long enough."