1. The one everyone desire (I)

This story is for Gianni Militello (@giannimilitello_official). ❤️  "I just wanted to say Thank you." 💋💋💋

 Since the invention of social media, I think people's imaginations have also gone wild, while the number of fantasies has increased significantly.

Through social networks we have increased our horizons and if before we saw handsome men on the street or on TV and dreamed of an actor or singer, filling our walls with their paper posters, now we see them on all the applications on the phone, as if they are at our little fingertips to look at them. We have their pictures and videos saved on our phone, more than we would have with the ex-boyfriend, who didn't even half measure up to the online star you're following anyway.

That's how I am now, as I follow the profile of Gianni, an Italian in his 30s, dark-haired, tall, over six feet tall, slim, but with an ideal body, constantly maintained at the gym, and I must admit that it is a real pleasure to watch the clips of him as he strains his body covered in a large number of complex tattoos.

Ah, Gianni... His look, with chameleon eyes, in a mix of green and brown strands, and a smile that wets your underwear in a second... is every woman's dream. And he knows it, which is precisely why he displays a confidence that makes you offer yourself to him on a tray and beg him to devour you. Like a god.

Ok, I'll admit that I'm totally in love with this guy and I guess that's why I'm talking about him like he's the sexiest man on the planet, but... he really is!!

Although I follow him constantly and keep up with everything he posts, I'm not the type of follower obsessed with commenting on every picture. What's the point? He is watched by hundreds of thousands of people, including famous models who look a thousand times better than me, a saleswoman in a clothing store in midtown Manhattan. Coincidentally, he also lives in the same city, but the circles in which we spin are completely different. On weekends I clean, wash, cook, watch movies and sometimes go out with friends to a decent pub, Gianni goes to fancy restaurants, famous cinema previews and best clubs.

But today I have a bad day. I had an argument with the store manager, who scolded me for not insisting on convincing a customer to buy more than one blouse, and pointed out that I was not an aggressive salesperson, as he wants in the team. But I'm not the type to insist and try to manipulate people into buying more than what they want, not knowing if my approach will even cost me that product and the customer may change their mind to buy it again because of my unnecessary insistence. Am I not right?

Frustrated at his tiresome reproach, punctuated by the words "you're scared," something makes me act like a crazy person and prove to myself that he's wrong. That I'm not a coward and that I have the courage to do anything crazy. So today is the day I text Gianni, even though I'm sure he won't even see it. The man probably receives thousands of such messages daily. But my bravery doesn't need to be confirmed with a response, but just me sending a IG message.

Mary "I've had a really bad day, but it's enough to watch a clip with you, to lose myself in your eyes for a few seconds, and my mood changes. I just wanted to say Thank you."

I don't even know if he reads it or if he ever will, but I continue with my usual activity after a day's work, which is movies. That is until, about two hours later, my phone tells me that I have a message from Instagram and absentmindedly I pick up the phone and open it.

Gianni "Why did you have a bad day?"

My heart is racing and my hands are shaking with excitement. Did Gianni answer my message?! The brain needs a few seconds to unlock and a few more minutes to come up with an answer. But after dozens of options, some seductive, some indifferent, some desperate, I choose that the best one is the honest one without too many words.