CHAPTER16

"I know the dirty secrets that you keep

"I know the dirty secrets that you keep."

The sheriff walked into the investigatior office and sat his keys down on the desk before speaking. "We've got a girl in our custody by the name of Imani Ramirez and she's refusing to talk to anyone she just keeps trying to fight everybody that walks in the room."

Officer Briggs looks up from his papers closing his folder. "Well what'd you guys bring her in for?" He gets up as he walks out of the office and they make their way down the hall.

"We got a call from a neighbor saying they heard gunshots and when we got there we found two people shot and she was covered in blood. So far one of them has been deemed deceased."

They make it to the interrogation room and look in the window to see the small girl seated in a chair with her hands cuffed to the table. The thing that stood out to them most was how much blood she was covered in.

"You're the only person here that's good with these things so just try and get at least something out of her so we can go from there. Just be careful she already broke officer Petersons nose."

He was shocked at how this small girl had broke the nose of probably the biggest police officer in their entire department. The guy was strong as hell but clearly she was stronger.

He walks into the room and her head whips around and she begins to lash out again. "Uncuff me I didn't do anything, let me fucking go! I need to see Billie I need to get to my girlfriend!" She was yanking at her cuffs only making them dig into her wrist that was most likely only going to leave bruises.

"Hey! If you calm down we'll let you go see her." His offer immediately made her calm down. He sat in the chair across from her and sets his note pad down and pulls out a pen. "I need you to cooperate first. I'm just going to ask you a few questions ok?"

Imani softly nods and he begins the questions. "So who's the guy we found in the from lawn?" Imani just stares off into space with a blank look on her face for a moment before speaking. "My ex boyfriend. I hadn't spoken to him in years and suddenly he just popped back up and wouldn't leave me alone."

"Well if it helps any he was dead by the time the cops got there." Imani lifts her head looking at the investigator in shock. She hadn't realized what she had done until they had told her that Angelo was dead.

"Can you give us his name so we can notify his family if he has any?" He finishes up his last note waiting for her to respond. "Angelo banks." He then moved onto the next question. "So did you or your girlfriend shoot him?"

She didn't answer it. She didn't want to get in trouble but she also didn't want Billie getting in trouble either if she survived. "Alright we'll skip that one for now. So did you shoot your girlfriend or him?"