9

y/n's pov

I managed to sleep most of the night but still woke up feeling tired. I was going to escape today. I wasn't sure what was beyond the fence but I had some ideas of the possible outcome. I lay in bed until about noon and then walk over to the dresser. I open up a bunch of drawers but find no swimsuits. I make my way downstairs and Sofia is already in her swimsuit. 

"do you think I can borrow one of yours? I don't like the ones I have" I lied. She smiled at me and left the room. she came back with a mustard yellow one-piece and handed it to me. 

"Thanks!" I called as I left to change.

The sun was shining brightly as I jumped into the pool. Sofia jumped in after me and while she was submerged I took a second to look around. to my luck, a table was pushed up against the fence, and if I ran fast enough I could hoist myself over the fence and get away. I was a bit worried about my ankle but after resting it for the past few days it's been feeling better. we swam around for about an hour before I put my plan into action. I swam to the edge and grimaced. Sofia swam over concerned. 

"Are you okay?" She asked. I shook my head.

"My ankle is really sore, can you get me some ice?" I asked. She immediately got out of the pool and ran inside but she called something before she closed the door "I'll call Finn and let him know!" 

I pulled myself out of the pool and ran to the table. i made it clear over the fence and hit the ground straight on my back. My breath was immediately knocked out of my lungs. I coughed a few times before pushing myself off the ground and made a run for it. i realized i was in a forest and after running for a while i didn't even know which way i was going. my ankle hurt and the night was beginning to fall. i limped over to a ditch and collapsed in it. I was cold, still in my bathing suit and then i saw flashlights.

no no no. They found me. i stayed still and quiet. luckily they walked right past me. i saw the outline of finn walk by. he came back? damn it. as soon as the flashlights disappeared i scouted out a tree and began climbing. then i saw the flashlights coming back.