𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎: 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚆𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚆𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐

"Let's break up."

Sunghoon felt a weight lifted off him, but simultaneously, a wave of regret and guilt washed over him. He almost choked on his own words. Sunghoon would have never thought he would have to break up with Heeseung one day.

Heeseung's heart dropped. Stunned by the statement, he answered a few moments later, "W-why?" His voice cracked, making Sunghoon's heart ache even more.

"Our relationship isn't working. You were an amazing boyfriend, but we haven't been there for each other." The icy blonde-haired male said, avoiding Heeseung's stare. Sunghoon inhaled a deep breath, almost dizzy from Heeseung's strong but comforting cologne that smelled of verdant and sweet blackberries. He wasn't lying. Heeseung was the perfect lover. Understanding, kind, and affectionate. Too perfect. Sunghoon didn't deserve him.

"My mind is set. I already packed my stuff."

Heeseung glanced over to their room and saw two suitcases packed and ready to go.

"Bye, Heeseung." Just as Sunghoon was about to turn, Heeseung laid hold of his wrist.

Sunghoon took in a sharp breath, looking at him with wide eyes. Heeseung was kneeling on the floor, interlacing their hands. Sunghoon liked the contrast between their skin tones. Heeseung's honey-tan skin color looked beautiful against his pale skin.

"Please don't leave. I'm sorry for being a bad boyfriend. I promise I'll do better." Heeseung was begging him to stay. Sunghoon would have never thought that he would do such a thing.

"Don't be sorry, Heeseung. I love you too."

"If you still love me, please stay with me." Sunghoon could see Heeseung's eyes watering. Tears threaten to escape and trickle down his cheeks.

"I'll have to move on." He quickly untangled their fingers, pulling his hand from Heeseung's grasp. It took everything he had to stop himself from breaking down in tears. Seeing Heeseung so heartbroken was so hard to watch. "Here's the key," Sunghoon's soft voice echoed in the room as he gently placed the metal on the coffee table.

Sunghoon was surprised when Heeseung remained silent, simply staring at him as he got his suitcases and left.

"Bye again, Heeseung. I'm sorry it turned out this way. I'm just a coward." Sunghoon said before shutting the door, tears pricking at his eyes. The glistening tear that trickled down Heeseung's face did not go unnoticed by Sunghoon.

Heeseung heard the door click, and in an instant, fresh tears streamed down his face without restraint.

.·:*¨༺ • ♪°•° ♬ °•°♪ • ༻¨*:·.

Heeseung lay comfortably on his bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"We haven't been there for each other."

The words repeated in his head like a mantra. He recalled the moments that proved the statement true.

"Heeseung-hyung?" Sunghoon called out as he peeked through his bedroom door.

"Yes, baby?" replied the older male.

"We were supposed to have our date today. We planned it two weeks ago."

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Sunghoon-ah. I completely forgot." Heeseung rubbed his face in his hands, genuinely disappointed in himself.